A Little Good News

CincySportsFan

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With everything that has been going on in the past week...heck, who am I kidding, there's something always going on...I'm reminded of an Anne Murray song from the early 80's. Basically, that with all the wrong that is going on with the world, it sure would be nice to hear a little good news every now and then.

I'm not burying my head in the sand and ignoring the problems going on. But, I think it would be nice to have a place to come to see that the world is not entirely evil and to be able to restore your faith in humanity. There are instances of that happening all the time, yet are not widely recognized. So feel free to post any stories that you feel fit that bill. (Please, please, please don't make this a political thread.)

When I read this post I was hit with a great irony. On the very date you posted this, we had a major house fire. If it weren’t for the quick actions of our fire fighters, we would have lost the house completely. We had to move out during restoration.

The good news is, that 7 months later, we are getting ready to move back home! All reconstruction is almost finished. Every room in the house freshly painted, new kitchen, new roof and updated electrical. I would not recommend this as a way to remodel, but in many ways the house will be in better shape than it was. Thank goodness we had great insurance!

We have lived in that house for 29 years. We raised our children there. Getting displaced from our home has been difficult in many ways. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Can’t wait to get back home! That is the very best news I have had in a long time!

When I read this post I was hit with a great irony. On the very date you posted this, we had a major house fire. If it weren’t for the quick actions of our fire fighters, we would have lost the house completely. We had to move out during restoration.

The good news is, that 7 months later, we are getting ready to move back home! All reconstruction is almost finished. Every room in the house freshly painted, new kitchen, new roof and updated electrical. I would not recommend this as a way to remodel, but in many ways the house will be in better shape than it was. Thank goodness we had great insurance!

We have lived in that house for 29 years. We raised our children there. Getting displaced from our home has been difficult in many ways. We are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Can’t wait to get back home! That is the very best news I have had in a long time!

So glad that everything has worked out! Hope your wait is short, to get back in.

• 2 weeks later...

I love acts of kindness! Thanks to Officer Kelly for a very inspiring gesture-happy it went viral:)

Kelly said he paid for the groceries to encourage others to do random acts of kindness.

"It is guaranteed that Kelly wouldn't want the credit from this, but it's these random acts of kindness that inspire US ALL to be kind to others!" the Cleveland Police department wrote.

Officer's 'extraordinary' act of kindness goes viral

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...