ADIDAS...Done in college basketball?

Jumper_Dad

Are Card fans going to support buying Adidas gear if that company is at the root of this scandal?

If Nike was at the root of a scandal like this at UK, I'd be ticked if UK stayed with them.

Well considering no other high market company like Nike and UA sells or even makes Louisville clothing they really don't have a choice unless they want to buy off brand apparel. I know there's a bunch of stores in Lexington that sell UK gear other than Nike, but I don't know if it's as common in Louisville.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering no other high market company like Nike and UA sells or even makes Louisville clothing they really don't have a choice unless they want to buy off brand apparel. I know there's a bunch of stores in Lexington that sell UK gear other than Nike, but I don't know if it's as common in Louisville.

There ate plenty of vendors making UofL stuff besides Adidas.

My point is if I was a Card fan I'd want the school to move on from Adidas, it's as much Adidas fault the Cards are in trouble as it is anyone at the school.

If Papajohn got caught paying for players and the football team got the death penalty, would you still want his name on the stadium?

My point is if I was a Card fan I'd want the school to move on from Adidas, it's as much Adidas fault the Cards are in trouble as it is anyone at the school.

If Papajohn got caught paying for players and the football team got the death penalty, would you still want his name on the stadium?

Gotcha, I think separating from Adidas would be a good choice but they just can’t sacrafice the 160 million at this point in time. Without knowing what’s going to happen to the basketball program and if it’s going to get the death penalty or not it’s not really a wise decision.

In the future I would look to move on to another company, I’m sure Nike or UA would take them but just not offer the amount of money Adidas was.

Gotcha, I think separating from Adidas would be a good choice but they just can’t sacrafice the 160 million at this point in time. Without knowing what’s going to happen to the basketball program and if it’s going to get the death penalty or not it’s not really a wise decision.

In the future I would look to move on to another company, I’m sure Nike or UA would take them but just not offer the amount of money Adidas was.

UA would probably pay much more than Nike as they are in a similar position as Adidas in that they don't have a large number of signature teams.

Are Card fans going to support buying Adidas gear if that company is at the root of this scandal?

If Nike was at the root of a scandal like this at UK, I'd be ticked if UK stayed with them.

No problem buying Adidas stuff. They did what they thought was in their best interests; the coaches are the ones I'm let down by. Vultures are vultures. But there are people that are supposed to keep the vultures away.

Anyway, I'll continue to buy Adidas stuff. They outfit Louisville City FC and heaven knows I've bought a ton of stuff from them. I have two pairs of Adidas shoes I wear all the time and can't imagine I'm going to stop buying them.

Unless the NCAA starts pulling away from the shoe companies (Ha!) then I don't really have a problem with Louisville's Adidas contract... I just wish they'd start making better basketball unis.

Can we give Schnatter the death penalty?

Why, because he wanted to get rid of Ramsey and now Jurich? If it's for making a poor pizza then I'd agree. :)

That guy's been a complete boob for probably his entire life. What he saw was an opportunity to make a big power play against Jurich and now it's working. I don't want Jurich back but I'd like to see Schnatter off the board too.

Why, because he wanted to get rid of Ramsey and now Jurich? If it's for making a poor pizza then I'd agree. :)

I think you'll remember that I was on the "Ditch Ramsey" train long before it was cool. His attitude pervaded the entire culture of the university. The inmates were running the asylum all up and down Third Street and "Do what thou wilt" seemed to be the whole of the law.

I think you'll remember that I was on the "Ditch Ramsey" train long before it was cool. His attitude pervaded the entire culture of the university. The inmates were running the asylum all up and down Third Street and "Do what thou wilt" seemed to be the whole of the law.

You are correct, I do remember that. For you and a few others I really hope this passes quickly and for the best.