BluegrassPreps Class 3A Football Rankings (9/25) Discussion

Ram

Class 3A

Corbin, Boyle County, and Elizabethtown continue to insist that they are clearly in the race for Class 3A's top spot. The Redhounds put a major feather in their cap by taking down previously undefeated 2A Mayfield on a neutral field. Boyle County was especially impressive against 6A North Hardin while Elizabethtown keeps rolling. Caldwell County needed a last second Field Goal to keep their mojo going and cannot rest on their laurels against a solid Union County squad. Perhaps the two games to watch in the class will be District clashes between Casey County and Bell County, as well as a potential District Championship on the line when Russell takes on Fleming County.

1. Belfry at Floyd Central

2. Corbin vs. McCreary Central

3. Boyle County -- OPEN

4. Elizabethtown vs. Hart County

5. Central -- OPEN

6. Caldwell County at Union County

7. Lexington Catholic -- OPEN

8. Western Hills vs. 2A Washington County

9. Casey County at Bell County

10. LaRue County vs. 1A Bethlehem

I think our top 10 is really strong....Where does Bell County rank?

Bell County comes in at number 12 this week. What do they have to do to move up? Or, is it more dependent on someone else doing something wrong?

Bell County comes in at number 12 this week. What do they have to do to move up? Or, is it more dependent on someone else doing something wrong?

I don't know all of the details but I didn't like Bell County giving up 43 points to McCreary Central. The Raiders only scored 22 against an awful Dunbar team. I'm anxious to see how Bell performs at home against a solid Casey County team.

Where is Garrard Co ranked? If it ahead of Russell or Fleming that means that every team in D3 is ranked ahead of all of D5. Boy I sure do love the commissioner's playoff cross bracketing.......

Garrard County is un-ranked this week.

Where is Garrard Co ranked? If it ahead of Russell or Fleming that means that every team in D3 is ranked ahead of all of D5. Boy I sure do love the commissioner's playoff cross bracketing.......��

I'd imagine Fleming County is right on the edge of the rankings based on their results thus far and the fact that they were ranked earlier in the season.

Bell vs Casey is certainly a missing piece to the puzzle. To answer your question, Bell County must beat an untested Casey County.

Where is Garrard Co ranked? If it ahead of Russell or Fleming that means that every team in D3 is ranked ahead of all of D5. Boy I sure do love the commissioner's playoff cross bracketing.......��

I would not be shocked if D3 eliminates D5 in the first round of the playoffs. The good news is that would move the Regional final back to Central Ky.

I would not be shocked if D3 eliminates D5 in the first round of the playoffs. The good news is that would move the Regional final back to Central Ky.

I think Garrard is a noticeable step down than what we have seen in recent years.. I think the 1 vs. 4 match-up as a result may swing D5's favor (but a sweep certainly is very possible).... with that said whoever wins that District I do not see them knocking off the #2 team.

I think Garrard is a noticeable step down than what we have seen in recent years.. I think the 1 vs. 4 match-up as a result may swing D5's favor (but a sweep certainly is very possible).... with that said whoever wins that District I do not see them knocking off the #2 team.

My argument on behalf of Gerrard is, while they are a very one dimensional team, come playoff time, the ground and pound could be a very effective. If Gerrard could establish the ground game, control the clock, and minimize number of opponent possessions, they would be a tough out.