BluegrassPreps Class 1A Football Rankings (9/25) Discussion

Ram

Class 1A

Kentucky Country Day served notice that if they can put together four quarters like they did for the first half against Lexington Christian Academy, then the Bearcats will be a force to be reckoned with. Ludlow equated themselves well by taking down fellow ranked Williamsburg. As a result, the Panthers see a nice jump in their rankings. We may get to learn a lot about the three teams ranked in the Top 5 that are in action this weekend. Beechwood and Raceland each have chances to make statements in some of their last non-district action. Hazard hosts Pikeville with major playoff implications on the line.

1. Beechwood vs. 6A #6 Simon Kenton

2. Kentucky Country Day -- OPEN

3. Hazard vs. #9 Pikeville

4. Paintsville -- OPEN

5. Raceland vs. 2A #6 Somerset

6. Ludlow vs. Bishop Brossart

7. Louisville Holy Cross -- OPEN

8. Paris at Bracken County

9. Pikeville at #3 Hazard

10. Williamsburg -- OPEN

Personally, I'd have Paintsville ahead of Hazard. Hazard's win over Harlan County is probably better, but beyond that they have nothing as good as Paintsville's wins over Pikeville, Williamsburg or Lawrence. I know Hazard beat Paintsville last year, which gives them a few bonus points, but they're also dealing with injuries this season. The gap isn't wide, but I like Paintsville at the three spot at this juncture.

Personally, I'd have Paintsville ahead of Hazard. Hazard's win over Harlan County is probably better, but beyond that they have nothing as good as Paintsville's wins over Pikeville, Williamsburg or Lawrence. I know Hazard beat Paintsville last year, which gives them a few bonus points, but they're also dealing with injuries this season. The gap isn't wide, but I like Paintsville at the three spot at this juncture.

I agree with this. I think at the end of the day Paintsville and Beechwood will play for the championship. But a lot can happen and both teams will need to stay healthy as well.

It's still a couple of weeks away, but we'll get an idea of where Paintsville and Hazard stand when they face off in Paintsville. I don't see either team losing before that game.

Paintsville 53 Williamsburg 21

I think Paintsville may have had a running clock on Williamsburg.

I understand why Hazard is above Paintsville, but at this time with the injury to Cory Smith, I'm not sure I see Hazard as a better team. These 2 teams will have an opportunity to settle it on the field, but I'd give the edge to Paintsville.

I think Paintsville may have had a running clock on Williamsburg.

I understand why Hazard is above Paintsville, but at this time with the injury to Cory Smith, I'm not sure I see Hazard as a better team. These 2 teams will have an opportunity to settle it on the field, but I'd give the edge to Paintsville.

They was close but didn't get it.

I shall be in town to watch the hazard and Paintsville game on October 13th. I'm actually in a Paintsville quite a bit but don't stay long every Friday and Sunday evening.