Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Field size?

Featured Replies

Which school has smallest field you play on? Thoughts on how it affects pĺay? Here in Western part of state Graves co, Hopkinsville and maybe Calloway on smaller side. Now, I am no field technician, but these cannot possibly be 100 yards. Judging by distance from 18 yrd box to midfield.

As far as play, I think GK at biggest disadvantage. They have less time to see play developing, coming at them.

I think width is more important then length. Pro fields vary in length but almost all of them are very wide, 75-80 yards.

I think width is more important then length. Pro fields vary in length but almost all of them are very wide, 75-80 yards.

 

I've heard that before.

Short width and length can play a factor. On the girls side, St Ursula in OH has an exceptionally short field in length. I haven't seen them play in years but when I did watch them play at home they used it to their advantage by pushing their back line forward and their keeper was aggressive in coming off her line. Opponents playing balls over the top or through balls into space between the penalty area struggled. So in this situation is was a big advantage for St Ursula's keepers.

On the boys side I remember Trinity's field being very narrow.

I think most home teams have an advantage playing on a smaller then normal field, they gear their tactics for it and are accustomed to it.

Calvary's lower field maybe the smallest field I have seen a HS game played on. They definitely use it to their advantage an are a tough team to beat at home.

Holy Cross' field is 20 yards short - allows them to play their back line way up and use their GK as a sweeper. The size of that field - and how HC aligns their defense - can definitely alter an opponent's game plan.

Holy Cross' field is 20 yards short - allows them to play their back line way up and use their GK as a sweeper. The size of that field - and how HC aligns their defense - can definitely alter an opponent's game plan.

 

20 yards short of what?

I've never understood why a soccer field used for competition is not a uniform size no matter where you play.

Narrow fields really ugly up the game. Give no players any time on the ball. Basically becomes a game of pinball.

I've never understood why a soccer field used for competition is not a uniform size no matter where you play.

 

Pretty simple answer. Not all schools and facilities were built during the same time period. Regulations change but the ability to get more land and space does not.

I've heard that before.

 

I'm too good a man...

I've never understood why a soccer field used for competition is not a uniform size no matter where you play.

 

Have you also not understood why MLB fields are not uniform as well?

Have you also not understood why MLB fields are not uniform as well?

 

Baselines and pitch distance are.

20 yards short of what?

 

A full deck.

 

Seriously - the field looks like it's less than 100 yards long - certainly less than the 110-120 yard length fields I'm used to seeing.

Baselines and pitch distance are.

 

In soccer, the goals, and the penalty box are uniform.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.