Statewide BGP rankings?

FSfan

The 4A ranking discussion got me to wondering...BGP has a ranking for each class and rankings for each region of the state regardless of class, but no statewide all-class ranking. That would get the argu...I mean discussion going.

Full disclosure i just tried doing 11-25 for fun and I couldn't do it in a form I would sign off on

Beechwood beating Corbin

Danville beating Boyle County

Central beating Manual

NewCath beating CAL

Christian County's "meh" wins over Henderson County and Hopkinsville..

Those create a jumbled mess

This would cause controversy but here it goes:

11. Ryle

12. Danville

13. DeSales

14. Mayfield

15. Beechwood

16. Corbin

17. Boyle County

18. South Warren

19. LCA

20. Christian County

21. CAL

22. Manual

23. Ballard

24. Etown

25. Central

Full disclosure i just tried doing 11-25 for fun and I couldn't do it in a form I would sign off on

Beechwood beating Corbin

Danville beating Boyle County

Central beating Manual

NewCath beating CAL

Christian County's "meh" wins over Henderson County and Hopkinsville..

Those create a jumbled mess

This would cause controversy but here it goes:

11. Ryle

12. Danville

13. DeSales

14. Mayfield

15. Beechwood

16. Corbin

17. Boyle County

18. South Warren

19. LCA

20. Christian County

21. CAL

22. Manual

23. Ballard

24. Etown

25. Central

We are going to have to start calling it a team's Magic @ATLCat Number :)

Especially when it comes to out of state opponents.

That omission always screams to me those systems are lazy.

Especially considering the Litkenhous Ratings used to be used for college ratings. Gonna have to go out of state with those, which means they could use them for high school, they just don't.

Especially considering the Litkenhous Ratings used to be used for college ratings. Gonna have to go out of state with those, which means they could use them for high school, they just don't.

It is sort of like Newspapers, stick with the same, old, tired model and watch your empire sink and sink and sink.

The 4A ranking discussion got me to wondering...BGP has a ranking for each class and rankings for each region of the state regardless of class, but no statewide all-class ranking. That would get the argu...I mean discussion going.

That would also be a lot of work.

I think BGP has more than enough football rankings.

It is sort of like Newspapers, stick with the same, old, tired model and watch your empire sink and sink and sink.

What do you think it will take to get the newspapers to adopt more main stream and progressive ways of ranking in KY? Seems they are not very innovative or accurate in their current models.

Personally i would buy more Sunday papers if I felt their rankings had more substance and accuracy to them. Right now I feel BGP has the best hold on high school rankings in the state bar none (calpreps being my desired computer based model). But thats just me.

Thoughts?

What do you think it will take to get the newspapers to adopt more main stream and progressive ways of ranking in KY? Seems they are not very innovative or accurate in their current models.

Personally i would buy more Sunday papers if I felt their rankings had more substance and accuracy to them. Right now I feel BGP has the best hold on high school rankings in the state bar none (calpreps being my desired computer based model). But thats just me.

Thoughts?

I am not sure other than I think Newspapers are way too top heavy.

As to the rankings, it would be nice if Newspapers actually produced some original content rankings instead of expecting coaches to vote and do it for them or buying Magic Number Rankings in a Box using Apollo Era algorithms.

I am not sure other than I think Newspapers are way too top heavy.

As to the rankings, it would be nice if Newspapers actually produced some original content rankings instead of expecting coaches to vote and do it for them or buying Magic Number Rankings in a Box using Apollo Era algorithms.

Who do you propose on the staff is going to do this? Most newspaper staffs have already been cut to the bare bones, and when people leave or retire those positions often go unfilled for a long time. Which means the people still on staff have more and more on their plate to deal with. There are more sports going on during the fall than just football, and those staffers have to cover those sports too.

And then you want somebody on that staff to put together their own well-researched statewide rankings when they don't really get a chance to see a lot of teams outside their immediate area? And only so those rankings can get picked apart by BGP? I hope nobody's really holding their breath waiting on that to happen any time soon.

Who do you propose on the staff is going to do this? Most newspaper staffs have already been cut to the bare bones, and when people leave or retire those positions often go unfilled for a long time. Which means the people still on staff have more and more on their plate to deal with. There are more sports going on during the fall than just football, and those staffers have to cover those sports too.

And then you want somebody on that staff to put together their own well-researched statewide rankings when they don't really get a chance to see a lot of teams outside their immediate area? And only so those rankings can get picked apart by BGP? I hope nobody's really holding their breath waiting on that to happen any time soon.

All statements of the problem and more reasons why newspapers are slowly dying off.

Back in the day newspapers were great but with the rise of the Internet most newspapers don't matter much anymore.