Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2017-18 Kentucky Schedule

Featured Replies

No proof but a general philosophy of coaching

 

I agree that its a general philosophy of coaching at almost all levels. I think that Coach Cal, Coach K, Self and a few others are on a whole different level, which probably have a different philosophy.

Pretty terrible home schedule in terms of going to see them vs good teams. I get it, but I don't like it.

  • Author

Guys, the home schedule isn't that bad, non-conference? Yeah it's awful, but remember Kansas and UCLA both came into Rupp Arena last year, UofL comes in this year and the SEC is going to be by no means a cake walk. Alabama, Missouri, Florida, Vandy, and Auburn will all be much improved.

 

As far as the home and home preparing you more come tournament time I do kinda agree. The WVU game will be a hostile environment to say the least and I would expect there to be a lot of adversity that the Cats will have to face in that game.

 

I do understand why Cal schedules these neutral court games, if you're a kid coming out of high school wouldn't you want to play in MSG, the United Center, etc. or would you want to just play a bunch of home and home games? It's not only about exposure for the kids but also experiences that will last them a life time. For us as fans it might suck seeing them play on neutral courts so much but for them they have to love it.

Guys, the home schedule isn't that bad, non-conference? Yeah it's awful, but remember Kansas and UCLA both came into Rupp Arena last year, UofL comes in this year and the SEC is going to be by no means a cake walk. Alabama, Missouri, Florida, Vandy, and Auburn will all be much improved.

 

As far as the home and home preparing you more come tournament time I do kinda agree. The WVU game will be a hostile environment to say the least and I would expect there to be a lot of adversity that the Cats will have to face in that game.

 

I do understand why Cal schedules these neutral court games, if you're a kid coming out of high school wouldn't you want to play in MSG, the United Center, etc. or would you want to just play a bunch of home and home games? It's not only about exposure for the kids but also experiences that will last them a life time. For us as fans it might suck seeing them play on neutral courts so much but for them they have to love it.

 

Not really the point of the thread BUT, if I were a 4-year player at UK I would much rather say that I played in the Dean Dome, Cameron Indoor, Allen Fieldhouse, or the Breslin Center than the United Center or Smoothy King Center. MSG, now that's a different story. That's the Mecca.

Not really the point of the thread BUT, if I were a 4-year player at UK I would much rather say that I played in the Dean Dome, Cameron Indoor, Allen Fieldhouse, or the Breslin Center than the United Center or Smoothy King Center. MSG, now that's a different story. That's the Mecca.

 

I'm pretty sure that Cal isn't looking for many 4-year players. Perhaps that is why he isn't setting up the schedule the way that you would like.

  • Author
Not really the point of the thread BUT, if I were a 4-year player at UK I would much rather say that I played in the Dean Dome, Cameron Indoor, Allen Fieldhouse, or the Breslin Center than the United Center or Smoothy King Center. MSG, now that's a different story. That's the Mecca.

 

We don't exactly have very many 4 year players at UK now days, especially ones that get a decent amount of PT. Willis, Hawkins, and Mulder being a group of select few that Calipari actually recruited.

We don't exactly have very many 4 year players at UK now days, especially ones that get a decent amount of PT. Willis, Hawkins, and Mulder being a group of select few that Calipari actually recruited.

 

I wouldn't even consider Mulder to be a 4-year player.

I'm pretty sure that Cal isn't looking for many 4-year players. Perhaps that is why he isn't setting up the schedule the way that you would like.

 

We don't exactly have very many 4 year players at UK now days, especially ones that get a decent amount of PT. Willis, Hawkins, and Mulder being a group of select few that Calipari actually recruited.

 

Completely missing my point so here:

 

As a one-and-done player at UK this year, I would rather play at Allen Fieldhouse or Pauley Pavilion than play in the United Center or the Smoothie King Center.

 

Furthermore, as a one-and-done, I will never have the chance to play in those college arenas again, where I will play in both of those NBA arenas next year.

 

Again, not even the main point here but....

  • Author

Back to the original topic, I think it's going to be a rough road for the Cats. I can see them losing 6-10 games this year. Kansas, UofL, UCLA, Alabama, Florida, Auburn, Missouri, and Vandy are all games I can see them losing with as much inexperience as they will have. There will also be games that less than average teams catch them on an off night get them much like Tennessee did in Knoxville last year. Hopefully I'll be in attendance for that game on Jan. 6th. :ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.