Modified Playoff Proposal Update

gchs_uk9

Obviously no system is perfect and mine likely isn't either. If you have any questions, suggestions, or anything else to add please feel free to do so. If you want to know more about the system/proposal don't hesitate to contact me.

Very thought-provoking and interesting ideas on a proposed playoff change. Very well-researched and thought out. Thank you for taking the time to do this to spur thought and conversation. I love it when people make reasonable suggestions and back it up with data instead of just having a "take" on something. Kuddos!

This system makes way too much since to ever be adopted by the powers that be. The thing that I like most about this proposal, is that you are actually playing schools that are the same size as you. With the current system my school is in the wrong classification and has been for 5 years. We are way smaller then every other school in our district and probably class but they hate messing with it because it takes a little bit of work. Great work GCHS_uk9!

This system makes way too much since to ever be adopted by the powers that be. The thing that I like most about this proposal, is that you are actually playing schools that are the same size as you. With the current system my school is in the wrong classification and has been for 5 years. We are way smaller then every other school in our district and probably class but they hate messing with it because it takes a little bit of work. Great work GCHS_uk9!

What school is that, CB?

What school is that, CB?

The problem with the numbers used for classification is that they go back so far. The current enrollment numbers used are 2011-14. That's six (next year seven) years ago. There are kids out of college, maybe even serving as coaches, who's enrollment in high school is dictating what class a school plays in.