Brewers at Reds (9/4-9/6)

HammerTime

Outside of the young pitching some story lines to follow in the final 23 games....

- Votto needs 6 HRs and 7 RBI to get to 40 & 100. The RBI's should be a given, the HRs will be an interesting one to follow.

- Duvall needs 4 HRs and 8 RBI to get to 35 & 100. I assume he'll get there.

- Gennett needs 6 HRs and 15 RBI to get to 30 & 100. I'm guessing he comes up short on both, but you never know.

- Suarez needs 6 HR to get to 30. Can he do it?

- Billy needs 12 SB to get to 70....Will he get there? I say yes.

Also, cozart needs 3 homeruns to get to 20. That would be 6 players with over 20. I don't think that has happened on Reds ever.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. It's what is getting me really excited about next season with how the young pitching has looked the last few weeks. They have the offense right now to win (minus RF). If the young arms can continue to build the foundation over the last 3.5 weeks, this team could be a legit WC contender next season.

I found this season to be frustrating due to the lack of progress by most of the young pitching; however, the last 4+ weeks have restored some of my optimism moving forward.

I found this season to be frustrating due to the lack of progress by most of the young pitching; however, the last 4+ weeks have restored some of my optimism moving forward.

I agree, although I feel both Castillo and Romano have been pretty encouraging all year.

Stephenson is the one that has really started to catch my attention lately. I had almost written him off.

Will be interesting to see what Rookie, Garrett, and Reed can give them these last few weeks since there will be an opening in the rotation.