Brewers at Reds (9/4-9/6)

HammerTime

I think we're at the time of the year where having to go to the bullpen a lot earlier in the year is finally starting to catch up. I think you can see that in Lorenzen, as well as Peralta.

No question, that happened a month ago. They are severely overworked.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds: I've always loved this rotation

Starter/Age: Tyler Mahle (22), Sal Romano (23), Luis Castillo (24), Robert Stephenson (24), Homer Bailey (31).

Last 11 starts: 2.92 ERA, 64.2 IN, 53 H, 21 ER, 41 BB, 59 K. 7 Quality starts.

Earned runs allowed by start: 3, 1, 0, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 1, 2, 2.

Homer Bailey: 6.0 IN, 6 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 4 K

Sal Romano: 5.2 IN, 4 H, 1 ER, 4 BB, 2 K

Tyler Mahle: 6.0 IN, 5 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K

Luis Castillo: 4.0 IN, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 5 K

Robert Stephenson: 6.0 IN, 5 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 K

Homer Bailey: 6.0 IN, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K

Sal Romano: 6.0 IN, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K

Tyler Mahle: 5.0 IN, 4 H, 3 ER, 4 BB, 5 K

Luis Castillo: 7.0 IN, 3 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K

Robert Stephenson: 5.2 IN, 7 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 11 K

Sal Romano: 7 IN, 6 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 K

Read more: Reds: I've always loved this rotation | Lance McAlister | ESPN 153

Stephenson with another good start. The walks are still an issue, but he's pitching around it now.

In his 7 starts this season he's 4-2 with a 3.55 ERA. Still at over 6 BB/9 which has to improve, but also over 9 K/9, He's finally starting to show the stuff that made him one of the elite prospects in all the game.

Outside of the young pitching some story lines to follow in the final 23 games....

- Votto needs 6 HRs and 7 RBI to get to 40 & 100. The RBI's should be a given, the HRs will be an interesting one to follow.

- Duvall needs 4 HRs and 8 RBI to get to 35 & 100. I assume he'll get there.

- Gennett needs 6 HRs and 15 RBI to get to 30 & 100. I'm guessing he comes up short on both, but you never know.

- Suarez needs 6 HR to get to 30. Can he do it?

- Billy needs 12 SB to get to 70....Will he get there? I say yes.

Outside of the young pitching some story lines to follow in the final 23 games....

- Votto needs 6 HRs and 7 RBI to get to 40 & 100. The RBI's should be a given, the HRs will be an interesting one to follow.

- Duvall needs 4 HRs and 8 RBI to get to 35 & 100. I assume he'll get there.

- Gennett needs 6 HRs and 15 RBI to get to 30 & 100. I'm guessing he comes up short on both, but you never know.

- Suarez needs 6 HR to get to 30. Can he do it?

- Billy needs 12 SB to get to 70....Will he get there? I say yes.

It's unreal to think about the Reds offensive production this season. Some very strong individual performances this year.

It's unreal to think about the Reds offensive production this season. Some very strong individual performances this year.

Yep. It's what is getting me really excited about next season with how the young pitching has looked the last few weeks. They have the offense right now to win (minus RF). If the young arms can continue to build the foundation over the last 3.5 weeks, this team could be a legit WC contender next season.

Yep. It's what is getting me really excited about next season with how the young pitching has looked the last few weeks. They have the offense right now to win (minus RF). If the young arms can continue to build the foundation over the last 3.5 weeks, this team could be a legit WC contender next season.

And add in another guy that's likely going to get on base 35% of the time or better.