John Ross hurt?

Hellbird

So the only thing I wanted is the Bengal curse to skip us this year. Now it looks like something is wrong with John Ross. Flanked by trainers coming out of the locker room.

When he was drafted, being injury prone was a knock on him. Hope this isn't serious and it's just precautionary but with the Bengals luck with 1st and 2nd rounders getting hurt before the season starts, well I'm not holding my breath.

From the Bengals web site:

'That sound is Bengaldom exhaling with initial reports that wide receiver John Ross’ right knee injury that he suffered in Thursday’s pre-season finale isn’t serious. It’s unclear what his status is for the Sept. 10 opener against Baltimore at Paul Brown Stadium, but it looks like he and six other receivers are going to be on the roster at Saturday’s cut to the limit of 53.

But that is going to be far from the Opening Day 53 because they’ll most likely have to make some moves in reaction to other injuries, such as the one No.3 quarterback Jeff Driskel suffered Thursday with a broken throwing thumb.

Initial reports show Ross injury not serious

• 3 months later...