Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Number 1 in NKY

Featured Replies

After 2 weeks the teams are beginning to shake out. CCH has a loss to the same Indiana team which Ryle beats 2-0 and a tie to SK who is thin after the starting 11. HHS has a couple victories over Oldham and Lafayette but their schedule has some tough matches on the horizon. At this point in the season it looks like Ryle HHS, than CCH and SK. I did hear however Collegiate put a hurt on Ryle in a scimmage.

Highlands has a game changer right now on offense in Elias Ordonez. With the depth that they have, it makes for an interesting team as the new Varsity players gain experience. Saturday at Trinity will be a good chance to see where they are right now.

IMO early season results not always telling of how good a team will be come October. One team playing a set lineup vs their opponent mixing things up, giving subs opportunities to prove themselves, and injuires to key players effects early season results. The ECentral results mentioned are a perfect example. One thing for certain, when dealing with 16-17 yr olds, comparing teams based on common opponent results make for good conversation but in reality they tell little about how the two teams will do against one another. One example of this took place last season. Collegiate beat NCC 8-0. CCH beats NCC 2-0. Leading up to the Collegiate/CCH game some used these results to say CCH had no chance Vs Collegiate, CCH beats them 2-0.

There doesn't appear to be a clear number one. The preseason threads indicated it was CCH then everyone else. Highlands and Ryle certainly can make the case to claim the top spot ,as well as SK with their performance against CCH. St Henry has always proved to be a tough out, so don't count them out either.

Long, hot season ahead. Still early - and it's wide open at this point.

 

Soccer is unique among sports in that a lesser talented team can take a lead and never have to play offense the rest of the game. This could be the year for upsets come tournament time.

Highlands has a game changer right now on offense in Elias Ordonez.

 

This is the kid that, as recently as mid-August, was rumored to be heading to CovCath, right? People were posting that he was at tryouts but didn't participate? Do I have that correct?

  • Author

I guess you scratch highlands off the list as they lose 0-1 to Campbell county

I guess you scratch highlands off the list as they lose 0-1 to Campbell county

 

How did Campbell County give up 6 to Brossart? They played 9 behind the ball the whole game and stayed really compact waiting for the counter. Last night was just one of those nights. Goalie, who is an excellent goalie, spills a routine save and only two CC players are there to pounce on it. Ref may have missed a penalty on Schweitzer's turn in the box. CC hits the cross bar on a free kick. Highlands misses 3 point blank shots at the end of the game. Same thing happened in the JV game. Frustrating night for Birds fans, great night for Camels fans.

CC did not play 9 behind the ball against Brossart. With each game you hope to get better an apparently CC did, atleast last night they did.

How did Campbell County give up 6 to Brossart? They played 9 behind the ball the whole game and stayed really compact waiting for the counter. Last night was just one of those nights. Goalie, who is an excellent goalie, spills a routine save and only two CC players are there to pounce on it. Ref may have missed a penalty on Schweitzer's turn in the box. CC hits the cross bar on a free kick. Highlands misses 3 point blank shots at the end of the game. Same thing happened in the JV game. Frustrating night for Birds fans, great night for Camels fans.
This is the kid that, as recently as mid-August, was rumored to be heading to CovCath, right? People were posting that he was at tryouts but didn't participate? Do I have that correct?

 

I will take the dislike from @Soccer2003 to mean I have that correct. Don't shoot the messenger, just wanted to ensure I was remembering that correctly.

CC did not play 9 behind the ball against Brossart. With each game you hope to get better an apparently CC did, atleast last night they did.

 

With Smallwood up top creating Costa like havoc, they can afford to sit deeper. He is very very good at holding the ball and bringing in teammates, or just turning and carrying the ball like a run away freight train.

Smallwood is a excellent player but the Mustangs backs applied enough pressure that night and really had him flustered along with the rest of the CC team. The Brossart CC game is always a battle an at the end of the night there is always 1 team that ends up really flustered. I hope they can bring the same intensity when they play Highlands cause they will need it. Best of Luck to the Bluebirds the rest of the season.

With Smallwood up top creating Costa like havoc, they can afford to sit deeper. He is very very good at holding the ball and bringing in teammates, or just turning and carrying the ball like a run away freight train.

I'm sorry and have no idea that I disliked your comment. It must have clicked when I was scrolling to read other comments. I have no insight to provide on this subject, but if I can figure out how to remove the dislike, I'd be happy too. Sorry again.

I'm sorry and have no idea that I disliked your comment. It must have clicked when I was scrolling to read other comments. I have no insight to provide on this subject, but if I can figure out how to remove the dislike, I'd be happy too. Sorry again.

 

Welcome to BGP, Soccer2003. :thumb: We are all victims of the like/dislike mistakes at time :D

Thanks, we are new to high school soccer, and a friend told me about this site. HS soccer is very addicting and unpredictable,lol. I enjoy reading people's opinions and hearing about the different high schools.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.