Everything posted by Soccer2003
-
Cooper 3 Boone County 0
Excellent team effort for Cooper with a 3-0 district win. The changes the coach made seem to be working.
-
KHSAA Boys Soccer Stat Leaders 09/05/19
Looking at the stats on GK saves, and I would love to understand what is considered a save. Is there a certain criteria or is it just up to whoever is keeping stats? The Lyon County GK has 220 saves and 42 goals allowed in just 9 games. That just seems so crazy high to me. Am I missing something?
-
Highlands 2 Summit Country Day (OH) 0
Love reading your take on games. I wish there was a lot more involvement. Please keep posting.
-
2019 NKY Thoughts and Predictions
Cooper has some strong upperclassmen, and several younger players full of potential too. I think they will be very competitive this year.
-
2019 Boys High School Soccer
Any thoughts or predictions on the upcoming season? Also, will the FC Cincinnati DA affect local high schools?
-
Cooper/George Rogers Clark Updates
Do we know where they play yet? He has a soccer tournament next weekend and hoping he can do both.
-
Cooper/George Rogers Clark Updates
Newbie question here, but if Cooper wins tonight, when and where will they play next? My son has 10 years of soccer, but he decided to be a kicker this year. I know nothing of how playoffs work, and club soccer starts next week for him. I’m trying to get a better understanding of his upcoming schedule and commitments. Thanks for everyone’s perspective and updates.
-
Cooper/George Rogers Clark Updates
Update?
-
JV tournament updates?
Anyone have any information on the JV Tournament this weekend?
-
Highlands 2 Cooper 0
It was a hard fought game. I was really impressed with Cooper’s defense.
-
Reasonable amount of time for GK
Seen several goalies today slap or swat the ball and pick up today, and no calls. Not sure what the referee called.
-
Reasonable amount of time for GK
That is the 1st time I have ever heard of a Goalie getting a penalty on time. I've seen keepers really waste time and given a warning, but never a card. Was there a warning or issue before?
-
Reasonable amount of time for GK
Technically, a GK has 6 seconds after a save to distribute the ball, but I've never seen a penalty call. It's up to the referee to determine what is reasonable and wasting time. If a referee did call a penalty because of time, it would result in an indirect free kick.
-
Top players in NKY
My son plays for KHA, and I'm pretty sure there isn't a green team. In some age groups, there are Grey level teams. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking the "grass player" they are referring too is actual grass. Some teams play much better on turf and struggle on grass. When you read all the comments and think of actual grass and not a player....it makes sense....to me anyway,lol
-
Number 1 in NKY
Thanks for the advice. We have been in club soccer for years, but totally new to high school. At this point, I don't know enough to comment, but I'm learning everyday,lol. I'm sure I'll be active in the near future.
-
Number 1 in NKY
Thanks, we are new to high school soccer, and a friend told me about this site. HS soccer is very addicting and unpredictable,lol. I enjoy reading people's opinions and hearing about the different high schools.
-
Number 1 in NKY
I'm sorry and have no idea that I disliked your comment. It must have clicked when I was scrolling to read other comments. I have no insight to provide on this subject, but if I can figure out how to remove the dislike, I'd be happy too. Sorry again.