Kyrie Irving to the Celtics for Isaiah Thomas and more

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the next Alpha Kaba?

By the way, the Celtics had four second round picks this year. I wonder how many of those will even make their team

One: Semi Ojeleye, because he isn't a guard and Crowder is gone, freeing up some minutes for another wing. Plus, I really want to learn how to pronounce his name. It looks like a lot of fun.

I am not as big of IT Jr. fan as most. He has a ceiling and I am not sure his style fits well with Cleveland. I guess you could argue he is just a small version of Kyrie, but I would much rather take the 7 inches taller version of whatever that is. Crowder does add some depth. And who knows with draft picks or the foreign prospect?

I look at the teams as they are constructed today, because I don't feel LeBron will be there this time next year. Boston got better, Cleveland took a step back. You have to evaluate the trade value upon if you feel this will be enough to make LeBron want to hang around into his 16th season and beyond. Not seeing it.

• 8 months later...
Breaking news!!!

Celtics Get:

Kyrie Irving

Cavilers Get:

Isaiah Thomas

Jae Crowder

Ante Zizic

2018 Nets 1st Round Pick (Unprotected)

The last of the trade was put in place tonight as the Cavs get the Nets #8 pick in the upcoming draft. Hindsight is 20-20, but I wonder if the Cavs now wish they’d let go of the pick for another major piece.