NKY Power Rankings 8-22-17 - Sponsored by NKY Family & Cosmetic Dentistry

Only change for me would be Cov Cath #1. No way SK would stop the Cov passing attack

SK has a more balanced offense.

Cov Cath has a better QB and RB so I disagree

Covington Catholic has a young offensive line - not a single senior among them. They looked really solid against Ryle, and I would suspect they will only be improving. The Colonels had 131 of their 398 total offensive yards on the ground, so right at a third. When you've got a passing game as high powered as theirs, I would call that pretty darn balanced. Force your opponent to respect the run game in order to leave them more susceptible to your tenacious passing game.

Simon Kenton was definitely closer to 50/50 on their their total running and passing yards on Friday against Meade County, for what that's worth.

Covington Catholic will likely end up numero uno in NKY by seasons end, IMO. They were impressive last season and appear to be even better this season. They have the skill players to do big things and although entering the season their oline was essentially a big question mark, it seems that the Colonels line may not be a question mark at all. Time will tell, but I'm currently more impressed with Covington Catholic than I am any other NKY team, for what that's worth.

:idunno:

Because WV ended the season last year with a very good effort in a game they basically should have won vs Holy Cross who eventually lost to Danville. Win that one and maybe they knock off NCC and make a deep run. This year they seem to be pretty balanced and I think they could end up being the best 2A team in NKY.