McCracken County 2017

Ram

I thought they got trinty district. Which has 5 teams.

Not this year. District 1 is paired with District 2 and the fifth place team in D1 always represents D2 as the fourth place finisher. District 1 is paired with District 4 (Trinity's district) in 2018.

Regional Football Cross Bracketing Through 218 | Kentucky High School Athletic Association

For postseason competition, in Class 6A, 5th place from District 1 as the 4th place in District 2 for playoff brackets;

Adjusted Football Alignment, 2

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to forget that Clark inherited a 0 win team when he took over. I believe he lost to South Warren twice in the playoffs, not to mention fighting the basketball culture at Hopkinsville. I for one think he did a great job at Hopkinsville. I also think he's going to excel at McCracken.

Wrong. Hoptown went 3-7 the year prior. Clark's first team at HHS went 0-10. His teams could not compete in 5A. When Hoptown moved to 4A, he started winning against the likes of Logan, Hopkins Central, Calloway, and North Hopkins.

Wrong. Hoptown went 3-7 the year prior. Clark's first team at HHS went 0-10. His teams could not compete in 5A. When Hoptown moved to 4A, he started winning against the likes of Logan, Hopkins Central, Calloway, and North Hopkins.

Correct but those were still the previous staffs team...so I don't place that all on Clark which is why I stated inherited. When jones took over with Claytons guys he won 9 games after that 7 then no more than 3 until he departure. Rather you like it or not Clark righted that ship and brought them back to competition regardless of the class. Don't forget to throw Christian, Marshall, Murray, Graves, and madisonville in with those wins.

Good news for their new coach, first year chance to win region and should have only one team that can even play them close. Nobody in district will be any good Henderson should get 2nd but still 28 to 35 pts behind Mccraken. Bad news next year you could be top ten and loss 2nd round of playoffs. And some years be top ten and loss 1st round welcome to 6- a football. Hehe

Good news for their new coach, first year chance to win region and should have only one team that can even play them close. Nobody in district will be any good Henderson should get 2nd but still 28 to 35 pts behind Mccraken. Bad news next year you could be top ten and loss 2nd round of playoffs. And some years be top ten and loss 1st round welcome to 6- a football. Hehe

Goes back to the old debate about whether it's better to win a state title in Class 1A or go regular-season unbeaten in 6A and lose to one of the Louisville powers early the playoffs. You know the 6A is a far better team, but in 1A you have hardware.

Goes back to the old debate about whether it's better to win a state title in Class 1A or go regular-season unbeaten in 6A and lose to one of the Louisville powers early the playoffs. You know the 6A is a far better team, but in 1A you have hardware.

Give some of these 1A teams the same amount of boys as the 6A teams and there might be a power shift. When a 6A team loses to a 1 or 2A school generally they aren't going to fair to well in the playoffs.

Give some of these 1A teams the same amount of boys as the 6A teams and there might be a power shift. When a 6A team loses to a 1 or 2A school generally they aren't going to fair to well in the playoffs.

Ha ha, well, if you give the 1As and 2As more players then they are not 1As and 2As anymore!

No, I'm saying would you rather be a 6A and go 10-0 and lose to Trinity, Male or St. X early in the playoffs, knowing you are probably one of the top 5 teams in the state, or would you rather be a 1A that goes 8-2 and wins the 1A championship?

I think a lot of people, maybe a high majority, would take the latter. If so, then perhaps 6A is broken.

That isn't an age old debate for most of us. It sounds like a Mayfield/McCracken thing that mustang fans have come up with. How many times have they beaten Mayfield? They'd have to beat Mayfield in a year to actually hypothesize that they'd win that class that year.(albeit with 3 to 4 x the boy)

This has nothing to do with Mayfield. They are a 2A school, anyway. And it really has only a little to do with McCracken (thread hijack, sorry)

I don't care if you're McCracken, Scott County or even PRP, whoever in 6A, it has to suck knowing you are a top 5 team and then have to face a top 3 team in the first round of the playoffs. I never said McCracken had ever achieved that level yet.

Edited by McPressbox

I see. Now the story is different. Where did the 1a champion comments come from? Where have they gone in the latest post? You have a different question and different argument now. Not really an age old debate at all in this new post.

I see. Now the story is different. Where did the 1a champion comments come from? Where have they gone in the latest post? You have a different question and different argument now. Not really an age old debate at all in this new post.

Huh? Post #20, clear as day. Not sure what you're trying to stir up.