Why the democratic party is doomed - Julian Assange

I pointed out a fact. You were crafting a political talking point. Again, a starting point is just that, it's not meant to be a living wage. $15 an hour isn't reasonable for many businesses as a starting point.

I wasn't crafting a political talking point. Some of us living in KY don't realize the cost of basic living in other parts of the nation is astronomical. I include myself.

RTS, I agree with you to a point. In Southern KY, for example, $15 an hour would be ridiculous. On the other hand a minimum wage raise would definitely improve the lives of several workers and remove many from the roles of public assistance.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To the first bold, this is what they did for 8 years and we see where they are today.

To the second bold, as we saw in the last election, they do not represent the majority of Americans. They represent the so called "elites" on the East and West coasts. Nancy Pelosi is a prime example of the problems the Democrats have. She is a West coast elitist. She can't relate to middle America and has no interest in doing so.

I'll respectfully disagree with you, Capt. I think the ideals that Democrats like me, PurplePride, and others stand for are what the majority of Americans believe in. The problem has not been those ideals; it has been the messaging of those ideals.

I'll respectfully disagree with you, Capt. I think the ideals that Democrats like me, PurplePride, and others stand for are what the majority of Americans believe in. The problem has not been those ideals; it has been the messaging of those ideals.

What ideals would those be?

The last election showed differently. The last 5 special elections have shown differently.

Like a wise man once said, in regards to the messaging, you can polish poop all day, it's still poop though.

I don't doubt your history. But today minimum wage hasn't kept up with inflation. While raising it can increase job growth. Even Fox News says so...

Job growth picks up in states that raised minimum wage | Fox News

The govt makes plenty of decisions to help corporations why is it so crazy to ask them to help the American people who are trying to work?

Also that you hinted at a common misconception about who earns the minimum wage. I saw this yesterday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62703[/ATTACH]

That kind of goes against much of the narrative that I hear. But it comes from Fox News, so...