Top 10 High school players in KHSAA history

Guest fogdog.com

You guys are giving no credit at all to Chris Lofton and Darius Miller..

Lofton is the all time leading 3 point shooter in SEC history, Mr. Basketball, State Champion and if I recall correctly he was a 2nd team All American and SEC POY. (Not 100% on those last two)

Miller was a State Champion. Mr. Basketball, SEC tournament MVP, SEC 6th Man of the year, NCAA Champion, 3 time European Champion and 3 time MVP.

What more do they have to do? If Lofton was a few inches taller he'd be in the NBA without a doubt, you don't become the best shooter in SEC history by just being an average player.

Both players were great but none of the bolded matters in this discussion.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay then, what have the other 10+ players mentioned accomplished in high school that Miller and Lofton haven't?

See post #36.

I believe Lofton has had the best high school career of the 2000s, and he definitely has some special accomplishments. I actually almost had him in my top 10, but replaced him last minute.

Miller's high school career was great, but it wasn't on the level of top 10 all-time.

One guy who technically isn't eligible for this list, but I've been interested in reading about lately is Sammy Moore (Central 1952).

He led Central to KHSAL Championships in 1951 and 1952, and to a runner-up finish in 1950. He was all tournament team all three years, and I believe actually tournament MVP all 3 years. He also led Central to the 1952 National Championship and was named MVP of that tournament. He led the state in scoring in 1952.

I have no idea how that compares with the others stars of that era, but it sounded very impressive to me.

Of interest, Moore went on to play for the Harlem Globetrotters.

• 2 weeks later...