Internet Provider Question

PP1

And jack it up the next year, and the next year, and the next year.........every year you have to play the "I'm dropping CinBell Fioptics" game with them and try to negotiate a price cheaper than what they are going to charge for the new "contract" year. And that's provided you get someone with a grasp of English you can understand.

My buddy says he will be able to hold the price, but if I have to keep on dealing with monthly/weekly issues I'll just play the switch every year game. My brother has been doing it and he says it saves him a bunch.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And jack it up the next year, and the next year, and the next year.........every year you have to play the "I'm dropping CinBell Fioptics" game with them and try to negotiate a price cheaper than what they are going to charge for the new "contract" year. And that's provided you get someone with a grasp of English you can understand.

That’s every internet and TV provider out there.

We finally cut the cord on Cincinnati Bell internet and have been using our personal hot spots to connect when at home. So happy with this! It's crazy how much faster our internet is now. Makes me so mad I was paying Bell for this long for such crappy internet.

Don’t forget taxes on the cheaper rate. They add up quick.

Oh I know. Got them to drop me down to the $39.99 rate for the next 12 months. After equipment and taxes, will be saving $15 a month.

The first lady tried to give me a $5 a month discount, so I told her I was just gonna cancel and call back and then open an account at the rate offered on the website. She transferred me to the promotions department and they made the change. :lol2:

Oh I know. Got them to drop me down to the $39.99 rate for the next 12 months. After equipment and taxes, will be saving $15 a month.

The first lady tried to give me a $5 a month discount, so I told her I was just gonna cancel and call back and then open an account at the rate offered on the website. She transferred me to the promotions department and they made the change. :lol2:

Well done! $180.00 savings per year. That’s a lot of diapers!

We finally cut the cord on Cincinnati Bell internet and have been using our personal hot spots to connect when at home. So happy with this! It's crazy how much faster our internet is now. Makes me so mad I was paying Bell for this long for such crappy internet.

That makes no sense how that could be faster. How can they not figure it how to provide a decent product? Rhetorical question, I have them and it stinks.

Was it the 5mb zoomtown? That's all that is offered by Cincy Bell where I am. Might have to look into getting a hot spot.

Was it the 5mb zoomtown? That's all that is offered by Cincy Bell where I am. Might have to look into getting a hot spot.

Yes, it was zoomtown. We were not able to get the new fioptics and not on track to get it for a very long time. I still can't believe I paid for that zoomtown crap for so long. We have unlimited data with Verizon and so far, even with 4 different hot spots in the house using the internet, it's still faster than Bell!

Finally go the knock on the door yesterday. Fiber optics is available. Guy quoted me the same as what i'm getting now for about $70 cheaper. Plus the internet is supposed to be 4 times faster. Bundled package with phone internet and cable with some premium stations. Guaranteed for a year. Will they jack up the price after 1 year?

What are your thoughts? Should I pull the trigger and fire Spectrum??? Side note, just paid Spectrum. Will they prorate and return my money if I cancel?

Make sure you have fiber to your household, not to the neighborhood hub then copper to your house. Big difference ( I used to work installing the fiber optics) .