Internet Provider Question

PP1

How can I tell?

If your neighborhood is Ariel then they would have ran new lines and you would see something that looks like a bazooka tube and different types of wires running to people's houses if it's copper they would just use the same phone drops. If your neighborhood is underground they would have done some boring at some point within the last couple years and put new pedestals in people's yards. If you ask the salesman he should be honest and tell you one is called fiber-to-the-home or fth the other one is fiber to the Distribution Hub. If he won't tell you tell him you're not buying.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference is a standard TV signal needs two to three megabits to broadcast a high-def can be anywhere from 5 to 10. With fiber to the hub and copper to your home the most you can get at your house is 50 megabits and your internet will share that with the TVs that you have on that you are currently watching so if you have 4 TVs and you ordered 50 meg you're only going to get 10 megabits for your internet. And if you get fiber to the house it's virtually Unlimited.

The difference is a standard TV signal needs two to three megabits to broadcast a high-def can be anywhere from 5 to 10. With fiber to the hub and copper to your home the most you can get at your house is 50 megabits and your internet will share that with the TVs that you have on that you are currently watching so if you have 4 TVs and you ordered 50 meg you're only going to get 10 megabits for your internet. And if you get fiber to the house it's virtually Unlimited.

I’m speed tested over 200 MBS and there are Usa 2 of us here. I’m 150’ from the new box they added at the bottom of my yard.

Did they install a ONT in your house. Not the router.

??? There is a new box on the outside of my house they could not put inside my house. Had to run electric into the house to hook it up in addition to the router. My basement is finished so the put the box on the outside.

??? There is a new box on the outside of my house they could not put inside my house. Had to run electric into the house to hook it up in addition to the router. My basement is finished so the put the box on the outside.

That's your ONT, you have fiber to the home! You're good. By the way those xyxel routers are garbage. Buy your own and piggy back it for your wifi.