Reds @ Rays (6/19 - 6/21)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thank God he has something in the .300s. He sucks at everything else when it comes to offense except stealing bases and the last time I looked you can't steal 1st base. Honestly tell me you think this team is better off with Billy Hamilton batting leadoff!

Do they have a better option?

Do they have a better option?

Yes I do but we both know that they could care less about wins and losses so at this point they will sink or swim with Billy. There are several better options at Louisville and yes I know one of them is 32 years old and not the future of this team and the other is a slow RFer that probably would suck in the leadoff spot. Either of them would make me feel better as a paying customer who forks out several thousand dollars a year to watch garbage. Billy has had ample time to learn to bunt and learn to hit the ball on the ground and it's not going to happen. That much is obvious.

This team is like 3rd in runs scored and like 900th in ERA and you are complaining about hitting.

Not the issue. This was always the make or break year for Hamilton IMO. Billy Hamilton is the least of my worries.

Nobody said that team offense was a problem just that Billy is not getting the job done at the top of this lineup. This team's major problem going into the season was pitching, is now pitching and will probably remain pitching for the rest of the season. Can you live with Billy Hamilton putting up these numbers for the next 2 years? Would you pay him $5m in 2019 which is probably what he would demand in arbitration by then?