Apollo 17 Daviess Co. 10

strike-3

The Eagles actually trailed most of this game but were able to survive and in doing so remained unbeaten at 6-0. I'm still not convienced that they are as good as their record would indicate. The defense is pretty good but the offense still has a way to go. Their opponets are currently 12-22, but we should find out just how good the Eagles really are in the next couple of weeks. The have an off week, followed by Evansville North, Henderson, Ohio Co. and Owensboro.

I was very shocked by this score. From what I saw from both of these teams when Catholic played them Apollo should have won by 3+ TD's. I can't imagine them having to score in the last moments to beat a poor DC squad. I imagine this bye week is going to serve them really well and they will get refocused.

I certainly wouldn't count a Jeff Carlberg coached team out of any playoff game as proven last year in the first round. He probably does have them over-achieving, playing over their heads, and making the key plays at key times. Sounds like a dangerous playoff team to me. Now, they may not have the talent to run the table, and eventually in the playoffs talent will take over, but I know they will be prepared every time they play.

Apollo is very lucky to have won their last 2 games. The way they played they probably should have lost both. I'm as big an Apollo fan as there is, but I'm also realistic. Their next game against Evansville North should bring expectations back down to Earth.

I've not seen Henderson play yet this year, but I've seen Owensboro vs. Mater Dei, Catholic, and John Hardin. In my opinion Owensboro looks to be the better team. I hope that I am wrong put based on what I have seen so far this year, I think Apollo goes 1-3 down the stretch, with loses to all but Ohio Co. The defense seems to be good enough to keep them in games, but the offense doesn't seem to have enough fire power for them to beat a good team, and honestly I don't think that they have played a very good team all year. Either Catholic or John Hardin was the best team they have faced, and remember that they played Catholic without Neil Holland and on Stewart Ijames first game back for the year.