Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What is going on with kids today???

Featured Replies

I am not sure why but this story hit me:

 

Florida teen who threw woman into pool arrested - CNN.com

 

I think it is the video and just seeing how the kid picked her up, they fell, and then he drags her and they end up in the pool? Come on man. Why? I mean yea when I was young I did stupid things and had issues with adults trying to break up parties, gatherings, etc but NEVER would I think it is ok to pick up an older lady, and throw her in the pool! Worse yet, after dropping her and falling on top of her, pick her up again and throw her in???? Yea I know peer pressure is a big thing and you cna hear kids yelling to throw her in pool, but come on man.

 

I should add, I applaud the young man for recognizing he messed up and turned himself in, but geez.

Stupid, but let's don't paint kids in general like this. What's wrong with this one?

  • Author

Sorry if I came across as saying all kids. Truly did not mean that as I know there are more good kids than bad, at least I hope so!

Sorry if I came across as saying all kids. Truly did not mean that as I know there are more good kids than bad, at least I hope so!

 

I've been blessed that my kids have had great friends that were of the same values we hoped for them.

 

I remember telling my son how proud I was of he and his friends. In my era it was hard to find any of my peers who hadn't drank or toked. Including me. I've seen kids today do better than me or my peers back in the day.

I am glad the kid owned up to it. Although, one can only speculate if he would if there was not video proof? He is very, very lucky she was not hurt worse. She is a 68 year-old lady, and we all get a bit more brittle as we age, and she easily could have broken bones.

 

I will loan her one of my dogs next time.

Nothing is wrong with kids these days. Kids today are doing exactly what the adults are letting them get away with. Kids have not changed. Adults and parenting has changed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.