United States Prepared for Military Strike on North Korea

Wireman

I think our best first step is to get China more on the hook for resolving this. China is NK's largest trading partner, and NK is very dependent on food and technology from China. China imposed a limited embargo in accordance with the UN resolution after NK's first test. China did not trust the Obama administration, thus further progress was not made. To unilaterally discipline NK without cooperation from China would be a mistake IMO.

Decent article on the matter below:

The China-North Korea Relationship - Council on Foreign Relations

And then they surface their submarine that might be carrying nuclear armed missiles within striking distance of the US coastline.

Then what?

I'd be shocked if they had a submarine that could approach our coast without being noticed, I'd be even mosr shocked if they could shrink down the tech to make a sub launched nuke a possibility. They struggle to launch a full size missile, I think reducing one in size and putting nukes on it would be out of reach for them...for now.

And then they surface their submarine that might be carrying nuclear armed missiles within striking distance of the US coastline.

Then what?

Something tells me that our navy would make their submarine "go away".

I think our best first step is to get China more on the hook for resolving this. China is NK's largest trading partner, and NK is very dependent on food and technology from China. China imposed a limited embargo in accordance with the UN resolution after NK's first test. China did not trust the Obama administration, thus further progress was not made. To unilaterally discipline NK without cooperation from China would be a mistake IMO.

Decent article on the matter below:

The China-North Korea Relationship - Council on Foreign Relations

Yep. This is all dependent upon China. China is the only country that NK truly can't live without. China should never even have let this escalate to this point anyways, but now that it has, its up to them to end this nonsense. Nobody wants for US to get involved, but I can assure NK once we get involved, its over. There would be no more North Korea.

North Korea and their leader are in a world of poo at the moment. Either they and Kim back off from the nuclear program or they will most likely see the wrath of what the US military is capable of. Either scenario is bad for their government as backing off would admit defeat and going to war would likely mean there is no more North Korea. At this point I can't see China helping them and hopefully North Korea knows that and will accept it as what it is. I don't want to see a war with them, or anyone else for that matter. However, they have proven throughout the past and more recent statements that they are not a regime that should be allowed to have nuclear capabilities.