16th Region 2017-18

Ashland should be pretty darn good next season. Not sure where I would put them but 11 seems low. Ashland has a kid that transferred from Ironton and if not mistaken is 6'8. Also think Fairview with at least 3 maybe more Ashland JV transfers could be a sleeper to surprise some teams.

Edited by TOMCATS1990

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put my opinion on here and obviously some things have changed since I put this up. I was hoping other people would put their opinion up as well instead of picking out a team or teams and wanting them placed higher. Go ahead and rank the region, please.

Have no clue how to rank the teams. Just giving my opinion on 2 of the teams that I halfway follow. Elliott should be the favorite IMO after that no clue. Ashland is a big time sleeper if ranked 11.

Most people will no longer have Elliott at #1 due to Spencer leaving and that opens this region up completely. Everyone probably thinks it's their year except Rose Hill.

Had no clue he left. Like I said Ashland and Fairview the only 2 teams in basketball I know a little about. What happened, where did he end up at?

Ashland showed up the last night and destroyed West. Only game they played. Out of the four others I'd give Raceland the edge,size and point guard play over the other 3 but all 4 pretty even.

Elliott

Boyd

Ashland

Morgan

Russell

Lewis

Fleming

Rowan

Raceland

Greenup

There's your top ten with any of the top 5-7 capable of taking the crown, but the top 3 are the 3 to beat.

lewis is my sleeper pick. Morgan will be dangerous.

Fleming has a shot and don't count out a seasoned Rowan group comprised with strong role guys.

Just don't think FC or RC can get it done.

Calling Elliott for the quad

I just don't see Elliott in the top half of region with what they lost. Good coaching and good kids but they lost 2 really good players.

It seems most people aren't familiar enough to feel comfortable ranking the region. How about ranking your district?

I would put Bath County in my top 10 and Elliott County at No. 1 until someone shows they can beat them.

Agreed on both. Bath County may be the sleeper and returns their core for the next 2 seasons. Elliott is like Belfry in football. They are the favorite until someone else proves they can beat them.

Greenup has the best player in the region but has holes to fill.

Raceland returns a solid starting five.

The 63rd will be a dogfight.

Russell and Lewis with return quality players. Hale and Offut being the two best on their respective teams.