Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky vs. Georgia Thoughts/Predictions

Who Wins? 17 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This will be the last time the Cats face off against Frazier. I've always enjoyed his game.

 

I think Frazier is really underrated, tough kid. He's gonna get a heavy dose of The Hawk today.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We gonna see some zone today? Isn't UGA the first team we played quite a bit of it against?

 

Georgia only shoots 31 percent from behind the arc, but Cal is not comfortable employing a zone defense. I would expect a zone only as a last resort.

  • Author
Georgia only shoots 31 percent from behind the arc, but Cal is not comfortable employing a zone defense. I would expect a zone only as a last resort.

 

I know Cal hates it. Just seemed like he had a lot of success with it when we played them in one of those two games.

I really dont think these games tell us anything about whether or not the Cats can make an ncaa run. Last year, winning this tourney meant nothing in seeding or how we played in tourney. The last 2 times UK played in national championship, they did not win this tourney, and they have not played in ncaa championship in any of the times they have won SEC tourney under CAL......Glorified practice session before the real deal that will be over amplified by media and fans

I'm surprised Frazier is only 5'10. That's what they said on the Leach Report. He plays bigger. Besides his scoring ability he had 10 rebounds vs Tennessee.

 

I think UK has seen him enough to figure out how to slow him down and, although he's still going to score, he's not getting in the 30s today. I'm predicting 20 for him in a 12 point Georgia loss.

  • Author
I really dont think these games tell us anything about whether or not the Cats can make an ncaa run. Last year, winning this tourney meant nothing in seeding or how we played in tourney. The last 2 times UK played in national championship, they did not win this tourney, and they have not played in ncaa championship in any of the times they have won SEC tourney under CAL......Glorified practice session before the real deal that will be over amplified by media and fans

 

I don't care if they don't win the SEC Conference Championship. But I won't have a lot of confidence in them making a run if they lose in the Quarterfinals of the one to Georgia.

I don't care if they don't win the SEC Conference Championship. But I won't have a lot of confidence in them making a run if they lose in the Quarterfinals of the one to Georgia.

 

Have you discounted Kansas and Baylor as well. Just curious

I'll be headed to Nashville during this game if they lose that's gonna make this trip to see them in the tourney a little difficult.

  • Author
Have you discounted Kansas and Baylor as well. Just curious

 

I haven't discounted Kansas because they were playing without arguably their best player that will be a top 3-5 pick in the draft.

 

Baylor. I'm not sure I had a lot of faith in them making a Final Four to begin with.

I haven't discounted Kansas because they were playing without arguably their best player that will be a top 3-5 pick in the draft.

 

Baylor. I'm not sure I had a lot of faith in them making a Final Four to begin with.

 

With or w/o Jackson I think TCU is a bad loss , but I dont think the game matters either. Just a glorified practice. I think the season championship shows all we need to know and will determine the seeding for UK and KU w/o the extra games

  • Author
With or w/o Jackson I think TCU is a bad loss , but I dont think the game matters either. Just a glorified practice. I think the season championship shows all we need to know and will determine the seeding for UK and KU w/o the extra games

 

Look at how UK has done in the years that they've made a good run in the tournament. They've never lost to a team the caliber of UGA in the SEC Quarterfinals.

 

As for Kansas, I agree. It's not a good loss for them. But either way, I'm not discounting them for losing that game without a top 3-5 pick playing for them.

Look at how UK has done in the years that they've made a good run in the tournament. They've never lost to a team the caliber of UGA in the SEC Quarterfinals.

 

As for Kansas, I agree. It's not a good loss for them. But either way, I'm not discounting them for losing that game without a top 3-5 pick playing for them.

 

Im not discounting any of the major players in the ncaa over games in conference tourneys. The tourneys are great for 1-bid leagues, but they are not a big deal otherwise JMO

  • Author
Im not discounting any of the major players in the ncaa over games in conference tourneys. The tourneys are great for 1-bid leagues, but they are not a big deal otherwise JMO

 

And I disagree. I'm not comfortable with my team making a long run if they lose to a team like this UGA team a week before the tournament starts.

And I disagree. I'm not comfortable with my team making a long run if they lose to a team like this UGA team a week before the tournament starts.

 

Ga has like a #45 RPI, TCU was like a #65. Just relax. The only thing that could hurt the Cats is injury.

  • Author
Ga has like a #45 RPI, TCU was like a #65. Just relax. The only thing that could hurt the Cats is injury.

 

What part of...Kansas was missing one of the best players in college basketball in their loss, do you not understand? KU losing to TCU yesterday isn't comparable to UK losing to UGA today. Monk doesn't play today. Then we can compare.

 

As much as I love the Cats, my life isn't affected negatively by them losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament like last year. Very relaxed over here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.