Dre Kirkpratrick

I was thinking you draft a TE to replace Eifert and let him walk when the time comes. Guy spends more time with the trainer than the football field.
I've scheduled a head and neck CT for this evening, mainly because I've found myself agreeing with you here.:jump:

This year's crop of TE are the best in the last decade. If the Bengals draft one early enough then Eifert can be an afterthought.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've scheduled a head and neck CT for this evening, mainly because I've found myself agreeing with you here.:jump:

This year's crop of TE are the best in the last decade. If the Bengals draft one early enough then Eifert can be an afterthought.

I really like the Pitt TE he is good at blocking and receiving.

I really like the Pitt TE he is good at blocking and receiving.
Ah, Jesse James is pedestrian. He's gotten better at the point of attack, but he's less than average as a receiver. Now if Green could ever get over his head issues, that cat makes that offense even more dynamic. If the entire offense, including M.Bryant, is in tact, I can't see how they aren't at the top of the league, minus injury like always.

Ah, Jesse James is pedestrian. He's gotten better at the point of attack, but he's less than average as a receiver. Now if Green could ever get over his head issues, that cat makes that offense even more dynamic. If the entire offense, including M.Bryant, is in tact, I can't see how they aren't at the top of the league, minus injury like always.

I like James and Green but I think they need one more good TE.

Depends on where your philosophy lies. I'd suspect you're tired of watching Dalton running for his life. And that will continue next season if you let the kid walk. And he won't command 12mil. Let him explore the market, if that's the number, then let him go. I bet it's not that high. Eifert will have to play 16 games this season to command top dollar. He's febrile at best. As for Burfict, I'd let that cat dip his toes in the FA pool also.

The reports I read were that he will get 10 to 12 million. Which is why I understand if they don't sign him back. Now if it's lower than that, then yes sign him back. The Bengals did draft a guard they really liked last year, and also TJ Johnson who filled in for Boling at the end of the year did well. I think they could replace him if need be. The problem is center and ST.

Agreed of Eifert. However if for once he does stay healthy, he will command top dollar. Which if the Bengals spend a lot of Zeitler and can't sign Eifert back people would really throw a fit.

As for Tez he is a top 5 backer in the league. If he has another year of not really doing anything dumb, he will get paid nicely. The Bengals should try to extend him now honestly while they probably could get a little discount on him still. However I doubt his agent let's that happen.

I'd be shocked. Frankly, after all is said and done, and counting paying for their draft class this season, they have roughly 12mil to spend. Now, they have Tuitt and Villenuava to extend before season kicks off. If Bell signs a longer term deal and frees up some up front cap room and eases the 12mil tag hit, they'll have more, but I think Dre will command pretty solid coin. I could be wrong, but it makes no sense if the cost is that high, especially considering the talent in this draft class in the secondary.

I'd be shocked. Frankly, after all is said and done, and counting paying for their draft class this season, they have roughly 12mil to spend. Now, they have Tuitt and Villenuava to extend before season kicks off. If Bell signs a longer term deal and frees up some up front cap room and eases the 12mil tag hit, they'll have more, but I think Dre will command pretty solid coin. I could be wrong, but it makes no sense if the cost is that high, especially considering the talent in this draft class in the secondary.
I'm not a huge Dre fan, but he would be the best CB the Steelers would have if they get him.

Problem is, they don't have anyone better which speaks volumes how bad they have gotten in a short time

Wing it, they one rookie got hurt last year he will be back. Just dont see the need to put that money into a CB right now. Id rather they overpay for Zeitler than Dre.

The one area where the Bengals held the edge over both the Ravens and Steelers over the last ten years is CB. Marvin, as you know values them more than any position by draft history. I am not sure this make sense to let him go.

He doesn't scare me if he leaves to the Steelers or elsewhere, but he can play especially in zone schemes. He would or will start with any team in the division.