Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Gottfried Likely Out at NC State

Featured Replies

Why wouldn't Miller accept the job? Big step up to one of if not the best basketball conference, to a place where the right person could succeed.

Why wouldn't Miller accept the job? Big step up to one of if not the best basketball conference, to a place where the right person could succeed.

 

Last person to succeed at NC State was? And when?

Last person to succeed at NC State was? And when?

 

Norm Sloan and Jim Valvano.

  • Author
Why wouldn't Miller accept the job? Big step up to one of if not the best basketball conference, to a place where the right person could succeed.

 

Because it's NC State and no one succeeds there.

Last person to succeed at NC State was? And when?

 

It's a good job, IMO. I mean even Gottfried has talent there now, that talent just isn't meeting potential and many believe Gottfried isn't that great a coach.

  • Author
It's a good job, IMO. I mean even Gottfried has talent there now, that talent just isn't meeting potential and many believe Gottfried isn't that great a coach.

 

We obviously disagree.

 

There aren't many major conference jobs I'd rank lower than NC State.

Because it's NC State and no one succeeds there.

 

Ok...then name me a big time school in a big time conference where someone might take a flyer on an up and coming coach that would be a better situation. I mean, if its a good situation already then a big time school in a big time conference probably isn't looking for a coach anyway. I mean it's not like UK, KU, UL, UNC, UCLA and coming calling. Job's like this one are the ones that come open, and it's a job at a school where the right person could have success. I went to high school with several people that are alumni from NC State and they seem to have a very active, and hungry alumni base. Now what type of support there is from the school itself and the President, AD, etc. I don' know, it's possible that could all be a complete shambles and might be a deciding factor in a coach not going there, that I can't speak about. But on the surface I disagree that it's a bad job.

  • Author
Ok...then name me a big time school in a big time conference where someone might take a flyer on an up and coming coach that would be a better situation. I mean, if its a good situation already then a big time school in a big time conference probably isn't looking for a coach anyway. I mean it's not like UK, KU, UL, UNC, UCLA and coming calling. Job's like this one are the ones that come open, and it's a job at a school where the right person could have success. I went to high school with several people that are alumni from NC State and they seem to have a very active, and hungry alumni base. Now what type of support there is from the school itself and the President, AD, etc. I don' know, it's possible that could all be a complete shambles and might be a deciding factor in a coach not going there, that I can't speak about. But on the surface I disagree that it's a bad job.

 

Name a program that isn't Rutgers, Wake Forest, Nebraska, Washington State, TCU, or Oregon State.

Name a program that isn't Rutgers, Wake Forest, Nebraska, Washington State, TCU, or Oregon State.

 

Ok, not quite following you here. Are you saying these programs would be better to go to than NC State?

  • Author
Ok, not quite following you here. Are you saying these programs would be better to go to than NC State?

 

No, I'm saying those are the only major conference jobs that are less attractive than NC State.

 

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to include Northwestern, although I think an argument could be made that it's on the rise.

No, I'm saying those are the only major conference jobs that are less attractive than NC State.

 

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to include Northwestern, although I think an argument could be made that it's on the rise.

 

Oh ok. We would definitely agree on those jobs then because yes, they are bad jobs.

The only thing that could possibly make him jump for NC State is the fact that he's an alumnus. The problem with being in the top basketball conference is that it's hard to build your way out of the cellar. Heck, Pitt was 11-2 before conference play started and they're a complete disaster at this point.

 

I still think that Indiana or Ohio State are the most likely landing spots for Archie Miller.

  • Author

 

I still think that Indiana or Ohio State are the most likely landing spots for Archie Miller.

 

Yep. My thoughts as well. I could see either or both of those opening up this year too.

Yep. My thoughts as well. I could see either or both of those opening up this year too.

 

If OSU opens, even IU basketball won't be able to hold up against the insane number they're likely to throw at Miller. I can't see him being able to resist the money, the massive fan base, and the recruiting influence of that school. If he's they're top choice, they'll get him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.