10th Region Recap and Rankings - 2/6/17

GRC is a nice size team...sitting court size they have length and Philpott is a monster along w big football kid...gotta go with Paris becuz of experience and home court...GRC will be the class of District next year tho.

The big football guy is Ben Jackson. Was hurt in football and not 100%. Has only played in the last few games. He does give us some size. Phillpot is only 6'3 but plays so much bigger. We are not a very tall team but our guards rebound well. We play as a team, will have around 20 asists a game.

Had Paris not gotten manhandled by Corbin...

Corbin is easily a top 20 team in the state, and going into the 13th region to play is very difficult to do. Corbin would be the top team in the 10th region.

Simon Kenton on the other hand has losses at home to Scott and at Mason Co. They are only 6-10 since Christmas. They aren't really bad, but a home loss to Simon Kenton is much worse than a road loss at Corbin.

Paris, Campbell, Scott, Clark yes they'll all be there with a chance to win in that order IMHO. Large gap, then Bracken and nobody else in sight. Brady Jones play has been stellar and is their most efficient player who is making them a dark horse contender but I think there is a lot of separation between them and the top 3 teams. I guess we'll find out about their chances with Clark County soon. Great job as usual Papa

You don't think Pendleton County is in sight? While it is true they are 0-3 against the teams mentioned with Paris and Campbell yet on the schedule, I believe it is a stretch to say they have no shot at all. JMO

Had Paris not gotten manhandled by Corbin...

Not about excuses but Paris had played 7 games in like 12 days...refs seemed to have never seen a Euro step Wells got called for maybe 2 and one walks...half a step slow on defensive rotations and best on ball defender didn't suit up...Jordan Davis...if both teams handle business in regional tourney they will meet again and outcome will be diff...neutral court and no home cooking...score got outta hand becuz kids seen calls totally favoring home team. Don't get me wrong Corbin can flat out shoot the rock but majority were wide open.

You don't think Pendleton County is in sight? While it is true they are 0-3 against the teams mentioned with Paris and Campbell yet on the schedule' date=' I believe it is a stretch to say they have no shot at all. JMO[/quote']

Puncher's chance. Didn't look too strong tonight, though. Were down something like 40-6 at half to Campbell County. Players out for both teams.