Counterterroism Defenses Weakened By President Trump

Clyde

WaPo article highlights:

Several current and former US officials say the EO will actually make the US less safe.

Allies alienated

Made life harder for hidden US partners -heads of a mosque in US suburb or the head of Middle East intelligence service

Allies are rattled by inauguration comments by POTUS

Regardless of true intent bill is read as "anti-Muslim"

Former CIA director says the order "inarguably has made us less us safe."

Feeds Islamic militant narrative and makes it harder for allies

Analysts say much of the damage may happen in US

Counterterrorism officials believe the integration of Muslims into the US gives the US a security advantage over countries in Europe who tend to isolate Muslims.

Sense of belonging by US Muslims may start to "fray"

New measures could effect allies as far as intelligence sharing with US

President Trump's "joke" about going back to Iraq to get more oil confirms widely held suspicions amongst some Iraqis that the US motivation is oil and to destroy Islam.

Officials worry that U.S counterterrorism defenses will be weakened by Trump actions - The Washington Post

Edited by Clyde

Is there a reason that there does not seem to be a link to the Washington Post article, or is it there but my phone isn't displaying it for some reason? I strongly prefer reading articles for myself over having them filtered for me.

I had the wrong link. Try it now.

How can this make the Islamic Terrorist hate us any more than they already do?

How can this make Imans preach hate more than they already do?

Europe isn't isolating Muslims, they are welcoming them and now wish they didn't.

Sleeper cells are going to attack regardless. It's what the Islamic Radical way.

How can this make the Islamic Terrorist hate us any more than they already do?

How can this make Imans preach hate more than they already do?

Europe isn't isolating Muslims, they are welcoming them and now wish they didn't.

Sleeper cells are going to attack regardless. It's what the Islamic Radical way.

Read the article

WaPo article highlights:

Several current and former US officials say the EO will actually make the US less safe.

Allies alienated

Made life harder for hidden US partners -heads of a mosque in US suburb or the head of Middle East intelligence service

Allies are rattled by inauguration comments by POTUS

Regardless of true intent bill is read as "anti-Muslim"

Former CIA director says the order "inarguably has made us less us safe."

Feeds Islamic militant narrative and makes it harder for allies

Analysts say much of the damage may happen in US

Counterterrorism officials believe the integration of Muslims into the US gives the US a security advantage over countries in Europe who tend to isolate Muslims.

Sense of belonging by US Muslims may start to "fray"

New measures could effect allies as far as intelligence sharing with US

President Trump's "joke" about going back to Iraq to get more oil confirms widely held suspicions amongst some Iraqis that the US motivation is oil and to destroy Islam.

Officials worry that U.S counterterrorism defenses will be weakened by Trump actions - The Washington Post

Again I'm willing to discuss legitmate gripes. But the cop out that they will hate us more or it will be easier to recruit is a tired and false premise.

Again I'm willing to discuss legitmate gripes. But the cop out that they will hate us more or it will be easier to recruit is a tired and false premise.

Your premise seems counterintuitive to me. Can you elaborate?

That any reactive move we make, makes us less safe isn't a a thought process I can get behind. Those who hate us, hate us for many reasons. This isn't going to be some tipping point. 87% of the Muslim world is unaffected by this EO. To call it a Muslim ban is intellectually dishonest. All the countries affected were put on a list by the Obama adminstration.

I will never accept making a move to protect us will make people want to hurt us more. It is just dishonest , those who want to hurt us already want to.

If we want to discuss if this should of gone through congress first that is a discussion I am willing to have. The rest of this is just noise.

What are the odds of being recruited into a life of piracy?

Awefully, awefully low - right. Pirates do not roam the seas like they used too.

The premise here is that radical Islam is will always be around and that it must only be 'curtailed' by abating the recuiting process. So the premise assume defeat or lack of defeat of radical Islam and ISIS and thus 'control' its growth by leaving ourselves, our families and our neighbors open to attack.

What are the odds of being recruited into a life of piracy?

Awefully, awefully low - right. Pirates do not roam the seas like they used too.

The premise here is that radical Islam is will always be around and that it must only be 'curtailed' by abating the recuiting process. So the premise assume defeat or lack of defeat of radical Islam and ISIS and thus 'control' its growth by leaving ourselves, our families and our neighbors open to attack.

Exactly , the fundamental premise lacks any real substance. The only way to stop it, is to appease those who want to kill us.