Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Officials in the NCAA

Featured Replies

I think it's only fair we start this thread since we have a list of Worst Officials! :D

 

I'll start:

Doug Sirmons

Tom Eads

Gary Pollard

Doug Shows (can't wait to hear the comments on this one!)

James Breeding

Brent Hampton

Shows, Sirmons & Pollard. Consistent, still in good shape, great game management....what else do you really want.

I agree with all of them except for Shows.

Michael Roberts and Mike Stephens are top of the game, Mike Eades is very good also.

Where is Tony Greene? Have not watched him at UK this year as he always get several games with UK each year?

I think Mike Roberts is the best official in college basketball.

 

I like a lot of them, including James Breeding, but I think Mike is the top of the food chain.

  • Author
Where is Tony Greene? Have not watched him at UK this year as he always get several games with UK each year?

 

My ref buddies tell me he's really cut back and is also assigning a couple of smaller conferences.

Where is Tony Greene? Have not watched him at UK this year as he always get several games with UK each year?

 

Saw him the other night....still gets it done, maybe a step slow, but still solid.

I agree with all of them except for Shows.

 

I personally think Shows would be better working less. If you have ever read any articles or talked to anyone on the circuit, it's brutal, and the way you make cash is pack your bag....

 

These guys travel like hardcore salesmen and the physical toll on the body has to be tough for their ages....I would think the mental acuity suffers as well.

That may be why they call all of the fouls is to slow the game down so they can rest more and not have to work so hard

I'm so far out of the loop on this. I couldn't even name five college officials to tell you if they're good or bad.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.