Fern Creek 46 Ballard 31

Coach Renner stated the he lost his top scorer and rebounder earlier in the tourney and his PG wasn't fully healthy. Wanted to keep the game to single digits to start the 4th - didn't want to run with them and get down double digits.

Said he wouldn't do it in a regular season game but did so for this tourney.

No issues. He knows his team. He has earned the right to use such strategies. If he felt that gave his team the best chance in the 4th quarter then that's all I need to hear.

Coach Renner stated the he lost his top scorer and rebounder earlier in the tourney and his PG wasn't fully healthy. Wanted to keep the game to single digits to start the 4th - didn't want to run with them and get down double digits.

Said he wouldn't do it in a regular season game but did so for this tourney.

No issues. He knows his team. He has earned the right to use such strategies. If he felt that gave his team the best chance in the 4th quarter then that's all I need to hear.

Do you leave the bench and go buy a soft drink?

I was there and I can't tell you what effect it had on the Ballard players, but it seemed to energize the Fern Creek team who was up 9. The 5 Fern Creek Players out on the court at one time started the defensive drill with their hands up and fast feet taps. They all had smile on their faces. They came out in the 4th quarter with a lot of confidence.