Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 71 Beechwood 56

Featured Replies

NewCath with the hat-trick tonight, as the Frosh, JV, & Varsity all get the W's.

  • Author

It started out like it was going to be Beechwood's night as they score the first 7 points of the game, but once the Breds got the lead at 21-19 with 4:00 left in the 2nd quarter, the Red and White Tigers would not see a lead.

 

Game was nip and tuck throughout the first 3 quarters, as NewCath held a slim, 42-39 advantage heading into the final stanza, but great pressure "D", conversion off turnovers/steals, and some great shooting propelled NewCath to its largest margin at 61-43 midway thru the 4th.

 

The Breds forced the Tigers to have 14 turnovers and collected 9 steals.

 

Brennan Hall might have led the Breds in scoring, but IMO, Jr. Jalen McDaniel was the player of the game for NewCath 5/7 FG, 7/9 FT, 1 BLK, 2 steals, and some great defense......very impressive outing. :ylsuper:

 

NewCath shot 52% from the field in the 2nd half (16/31).

 

Very impressed with Owen Alcorn from Beechwood, young man can play.

Ben Toebbe with a very SOLID night, 15 pts & 11 rebs.

 

Also, Patrick Henschen can get off the floor, Jerod Iles fed him for a monster FLUSH.

  • Author

Thanks to @statman for what else.....the stats.

 

Also, thanks to @Baseball Nut 24 for the use of his phone to post the 2nd half updates. I didn't have time to fully charge my phone when I got home from work and my back-up battery was also dead. :banghead:

  • Author

The numbers in a few.........

  • Author

Beechwood

 

FG 19/51 37%

3pt 8/24 33%

FT's 10/13 77%

 

Alcorn 22

Toebbe 15

Draud 6

Schilling 6

Huff 4

Deatherage 3

 

NewCath

 

FG 27/64 42%

3pt 8/23 35%

FT's 9/11 82%

 

Hall 24

McDaniel 18

Moeves 10

Wurtz 6

Henschen 4

Kremar 3

Sp. Pangallo 2

St. Pangallo 2

Luken 2

  • Author

Turnovers

 

NewCath 5

Beechwood 14

 

Points of Turnovers

 

NewCath 16

Beechwood 1

Anytime LB.....And I might add a hat-less LB13 tonight. Not used to seeing that.

  • Author
Anytime LB.....And I might add a hat-less LB13 tonight. Not used to seeing that.

 

I like to go incognito sometimes. :lol2:

  • Author

8 different Breds with over 12 minutes of playing time in this one.

Thanks to @statman for what else.....the stats.

 

Also, thanks to @Baseball Nut 24 for the use of his phone to post the 2nd half updates. I didn't have time to fully charge my phone when I got home from work and my back-up battery was also dead. :banghead:

 

Anytime LB.....And I might add a hat-less LB13 tonight. Not used to seeing that.

 

FYI: The two of you got a shout out from the guys at NKYSports during the Lloyd/Newport broadcast for your NewCath/Beechwood updates as well as them giving the whole explanation about LB's battery issues.

 

You seriously can't do anything in this town without everybody knowing about it. :lol2:

Anytime LB.....And I might add a hat-less LB13 tonight. Not used to seeing that.

 

Probably sent it out to be cleaned after it spent so much time at Highlands last week.

NCC still looks like they are trying to find the right combo of lineups. I can tell you I have no clue which would work best. I don't know what you do with the 3 post players. They really only have 2 forwards and one was there but not dressed last night. They have a lot of perimeter players who are very quick. Not sure if you try to pair up the big guys or try to go with a 3 guard line-up. It looks like on any given night they could be really good and then then next night struggle.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.