Collins 71 South Oldham 65

I have not seen the stats from the game but the last few times I saw South they are starting to get too one dimensional with Griffin. He is their leader and the leading scorer, one of their best rebounders and their top defender. I think he is a two guard and not a one. Last year Williams was able to score when needed but was able to create openings for the other three shooters to get open shots. I see more standing around watching Griffin then moving to an open spot waiting for the assist. They have other shooters especially Young but they need to get Franklin, Hoover and Beyerly more open looks to get the defense from collapsing on Griffin when he drives. Wonder if they are asking him to do too much. I still like South's chances in District and Region but they need more balance.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Papa Pigskin. You are correct. By the way, Spencer County almost took down Oldham tonight. When are you all going to start listening to me. They are the fifth best team in the region with a chance of upsetting anybody on a given night. Come March you all will call me Nostradomus. LOL.
Lost by 7 at home is almost taking someone down?

OK, let's just analyze Spencer with the hopes we don't totally derail the already misguided thread.

Spencer is 10-6. Of their 10 wins, only one opponent has a winning record in DeSales who is also 10-6. The combined record of the opponents they've beaten is 52-92 for a winning % of .361. Not exactly the juggernauts you'd prognosticate.

They host LaRue Co who is 12-2 on the 17th. Maybe they can graduate from almost taking them down to making it reality.