Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russellville at Beechwood Class A Semifinal

Russellville at Beechwood (Class A Semifinal) 73 members have voted

  1. 1. Russellville at Beechwood (Class A Semifinal)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I think the imbalance in the poll probably is because the heavy concentration of NKy posters. This game can be much more challenging for BW than many think. Russellville's program is just a notch below Mayfield's excellence. If the Tigers look ahead to BG they could be left home. One game at a time could not be any truer. An outstanding rushing opponent, with previously unseen speed, finesse, and execution.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the imbalance in the poll probably is because the heavy concentration of NKy posters. This game can be much more challenging for BW than many think. Russellville's program is just a notch below Mayfield's excellence. If the Tigers look ahead to BG they could be left home. One game at a time could not be any truer. An outstanding rushing opponent, with previously unseen speed, finesse, and execution.

 

Hold on there, I'm hoping for a Russellville win but, a notch below Mayfield's excellence? That's funny!

I think the imbalance in the poll probably is because the heavy concentration of NKy posters.

 

I guarantee it!

In the days of BW - MF, the fan poll would always have way more BW votes than it should, well at least in the early years of those BW-MF games. Eventually they were reprogramed. Its generally not the BW fans, its the other Yankees voting for their neighbors

Watched some highlights of Russellville and they look like a much better passing team than last year. So depending on how well they can run the ball the passing game may be key.

Hold on there, I'm hoping for a Russellville win but, a notch below Mayfield's excellence? That's funny!

Emphasis on a "notch" and granted I took liberties. However, prior to Mayfield moving up Russelville went 19-7 in 2013 and 2014 with 4 of the losses being to Mayfield. 23-4 the last two years with a much stronger defense this year. Just saying, BW better be ready (nobody better than Rash and his staff to get them there), cause Russellville is not chopped liver. These guys can flatout play. Tigers 42-30.

Emphasis on a "notch" and granted I took liberties. However, prior to Mayfield moving up Russelville went 19-7 in 2013 and 2014 with 4 of the losses being to Mayfield. 23-4 the last two years with a much stronger defense this year. Just saying, BW better be ready (nobody better than Rash and his staff to get them there), cause Russellville is not chopped liver. These guys can flatout play. Tigers 42-30.

 

Russellville is good, and their program is definitely on the UP swing, and with their head coach being a former MHS coach I will be pulling hard for them to win, but, let's not take to many liberties and when they win a few state championships, say 7 or 8, then we can say they are a notch below MHS's excellence.

Russellville is good, and their program is definitely on the UP swing, and with their head coach being a former MHS coach I will be pulling hard for them to win, but, let's not take to many liberties and when they win a few state championships, say 7 or 8, then we can say they are a notch below MHS's excellence.

 

Stand corrected with taking pretty big liberties. Not many programs in Ky able to be described accurately as a "notch below Mayfield".

Holy moly!!!! Just saw an eye opening stat on Russellville....they have out rushed...as in OUTGAINED their opponents by over 3,000 yards this year on the ground! Over 4,000 yards on the ground vs allowing their opponents barely 1,000. Wonder if a stat like this is as impressive as I think on first blush without doing any research?

Look, no doubt that this Russellville team will be a formidable opponent. They have some very good athletes and are well coached, but, in saying that, outside of a couple of good opponents, their schedule was padded with some pretty weak opposition, so, I wouldn't get too worked up over that rushing stat. Plus, like a lot of 1a teams, they aren't real deep and play a lot of kids both ways, which could be to Beechwoods advantage. Russellville, in a lot of ways, reminds me of some of those Frankfort teams from a few years back.

Agree with MHS, sadly this year, a lot of Russellville opponents had down years. In previous years, Murray and fort Campbell were much better. I figured their season would probably end this week until I went to the franklin Simpson game. They held them in check for three quarters and in my opinion, basically got wore down by the 4th. Going into that game, I figured it would be a quick W for Franklin Simpson. They didn't move the ball very good that game but I do not think there is another defense as talented as Franklin Simpson in the 1a class. Most years Russellville has problems on the defensive side of the ball, but holding a dynamic offense (if they chose to be, they could just run it down your throat if you can't stop the run) like Franklin in check for three quarters should give the panthers plenty of optimism for this week. Has beechwood played a team this year with Russellville's speed? Also, have they seen a wing T team this year? If not that is a huge advantage for Russellville. I'm sure mayfield fans remember, it is a lot more difficult facing the panthers the first time In comparison to the second.

Look, no doubt that this Russellville team will be a formidable opponent. They have some very good athletes and are well coached, but, in saying that, outside of a couple of good opponents, their schedule was padded with some pretty weak opposition, so, I wouldn't get too worked up over that rushing stat. Plus, like a lot of 1a teams, they aren't real deep and play a lot of kids both ways, which could be to Beechwoods advantage. Russellville, in a lot of ways, reminds me of some of those Frankfort teams from a few years back.

 

I like to look at the toughest games they've played and compare them. The Franklin Simpson game is a good as they muster about 200 yards of offense. Russellville success depends on the run. They do have a passing game but they will need to mix it up to throw that beechwood defense off guard... If they can do that then they have a shot at the W.

Tigers defense will have to be at the top of their game discipline. Everyone needs to do their job against Russellville's offense. Beechwood defensive ends and outside linebackers have their work cut out for them. Safeties have to be careful in run support or Russellville will sneak a receiver behind them off of play action.

 

The question on speed is has Russellville faced a defense with the speed of Beechwood's. Beechwood has speed at every position from defensive tackles on back.

 

Both teams are facing one of their top 2 or 3 toughest opponents of the year - as it should be when you get to the state semifinals.

Only one VOR. I would say Franklin Simpson has as much or more. I'm sure you are right and they do have a lot of speed. I haven't seen beechwood at all so I would not know. But I do know Russellville can can fly. Like I said on previous post, if Russellville wants to make it to western this is there year. Beechwood is loaded with younger talent from what I've read on here and Russellville is loaded with seniors.

VOR do you got a notebook for this week?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.