Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rhinegeist Brewery

Featured Replies

DLG had a Father/Daughter Day for her sorority at UC at the Rhinegeist Brewery. We got a private tour of the entire facility and where given our choice of a free pint of whatever they had on tap. Since I might drink the equivalent of a six-pack in a year, I opted for their Cider. However, after sampling two off them I decided to pass altogether:yuck:

 

The tour of the place was very interesting and loved the history of the place, they are actually occupying the old Christian Moerlein Brewing Company building.

 

I was amazed how many folks, with their young children, were there at 12:00 noon eating and drinking. They have a huge open area with two bars and plenty of cornhole boards set up as well as ping pong tables.....the place was hoppin' (pun intended).

 

When the tour was over, me and DLG walked a block to Findley Market.......I enjoyed my day with DLG.

 

Anyone else been over to Rhinegeist?

 

Our Story — Rhinegeist

My son was there once and they were playing wiffle ball inside.

 

Cool place.

Been there numerous times with "The Boss" and always get ELI'S BBQ at Findlay Market to eat while having a few Beers and enjoying a Reds or College Basketball game. Really a nice place to go with your family that is until (I believe) 9pm where you have to be 21 there.

 

My Daughter and Son-in-law are coming back to visit during Christmas and that is one of the places that they what to visit besides the Hofbrauhaus and the Cincinnati Zoo Festival of Lights.

Love the vibe @Rhinegeist. Always a good day when I visit.

  • Author
My son was there once and they were playing wiffle ball inside.

 

Cool place.

 

Definitely have the room in there.

DLG had a Father/Daughter Day for her sorority at UC at the Rhinegeist Brewery. We got a private tour of the entire facility and where given our choice of a free pint of whatever they had on tap. Since I might drink the equivalent of a six-pack in a year, I opted for their Cider. However, after sampling two off them I decided to pass altogether:yuck:

 

The tour of the place was very interesting and loved the history of the place, they are actually occupying the old Christian Moerlein Brewing Company building.

 

I was amazed how many folks, with their young children, were there at 12:00 noon eating and drinking. They have a huge open area with two bars and plenty of cornhole boards set up as well as ping pong tables.....the place was hoppin' (pun intended).

 

When the tour was over, me and DLG walked a block to Findley Market.......I enjoyed my day with DLG.

 

Anyone else been over to Rhinegeist?

 

Our Story — Rhinegeist

 

I may be way off-base on this, but your post seems prudish. If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time my instincts were stinkin', and I'm sorry.

  • Author
I may be way off-base on this, but your post seems prudish. If I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time my instincts were stinkin', and I'm sorry.

 

What part, the private tour? If I'm correct these can be arranged by any group I believe.

 

BTW, no offense taken.

What part, the private tour? If I'm correct these can be arranged by any group I believe.

 

BTW, no offense taken.

 

It seemed like you were put off by people drinking at noon, and/or with their kids around. Seemed odd for an NCC guy (or most anybody else from NoKy, for that matter). Felt very Bible Belt.

Needless to say, a little obsessed.

 

Proposed to my fiance on the roof before it was open because their Sales Manager gave me and 40 of our friends and family a private tour. We are having our reception in their Reception Hall there next weekend.

 

I have drank just about 100 of their beers. I love the place.

 

They do a lot of great work for the community too. For example, this upcoming Friday in the taproom (they'll be celebrating our wedding in the reception hall) they are donating proceeds of all their sales to something Veteran related, I can't remember what.

Another fun fact...

 

They outgrew their 10 year plan in less than 2.5 years

It seemed like you were put off by people drinking at noon, and/or with their kids around. Seemed odd for an NCC guy (or most anybody else from NoKy, for that matter). Felt very Bible Belt.

 

Drinking Bourbon again? lol jk

 

For people who don't go to breweries often, it is probably surprising to see kids there. If you don't visit them, you probably wouldn't think to see kids there. However, we go to breweries often and there are always kids there. Ping-Pong, Cornhole, Shuffleboard, even video games. Seen many coloring. A great place for everyone.

 

Many are family friendly, during the day. @Lawnboy13 probably didn't realize that because he doesn't go to them.

Since I might drink the equivalent of a six-pack in a year, I opted for their Cider. However, after sampling two off them I decided to pass altogether:yuck:

 

Their ciders are closer to the equivalent of a white wine probably.

 

Did Natalie give your tour?

Big fan of Rheingeist. Really fun place to spend a couple hours with friends.

  • Author
Their ciders are closer to the equivalent of a white wine probably.

 

Did Natalie give your tour?

 

Hit the nail on the head with the Cider = Wine thing.

 

I believe it was Natalie.

  • Author
It seemed like you were put off by people drinking at noon, and/or with their kids around. Seemed odd for an NCC guy (or most anybody else from NoKy, for that matter). Felt very Bible Belt.

 

For people who don't go to breweries often, it is probably surprising to see kids there. If you don't visit them, you probably wouldn't think to see kids there. However, we go to breweries often and there are always kids there. Ping-Pong, Cornhole, Shuffleboard, even video games. Seen many coloring. A great place for everyone.

 

Many are family friendly, during the day. @Lawnboy13 probably didn't realize that because he doesn't go to them.

 

 

MJAlltheWay hits the nail on the head again.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.