Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps' Class 4A Playoff Preview

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm glad to see you follow a real team. You post more on FS than you do Highland, but I understand I wouldn't follow those guys either.

 

I could be wrong but I believe he follows the Paintsville Tigers. Just a lil hometown pride in the Eagles across town I imagine.

Now, where have I heard this before? It sounds so familiar...

Russell fans should be all too familiar with that argument.

 

Sidenote: As a youth coach, I obviously didn't scout and prepare my team for the next opponent. I put in an offense and a defense and let the players play their position. With that said, my defense was put in place to stop the Wing T and the Wing T only. My thought process was, if we can stop the Wing T, we will stop just about anything. That's how important and difficult stopping the Wing T is. My team hardly ever lost more then one or two games with that defense and I think my justification for running that defense was validated.

Since this has taken a tangent into the validity of the Wing T, let me ask a few questions: How many college teams run a variation of the Wing T? How many NFL teams run a Wing T variation on occasion? Spoiler alert, more then you think.

 

It's kind of like the argument I get into on occasion about the best all-around-cartride. I always go with the 30-06 and people say, "that's an outdated round", "it's been replaced", blah, blah, blah. The 30-06 is more versatile going from 55 grain to 220 grain. And the people that argue with me always say the .308 is the best, where do you think the .308 came from? That's right, it's a shortened 30-06 with the same .30 bullet. New is not always better, it's just copied from something old.

Yes and if FS gets lucky enough that someone will be Johnson Central! The Golden Eagles will pound them into submission!

 

"Submission" That is some serious smack talk.

 

Get in line. There are others threatening the same outcome for the Wildcats.

Since this has taken a tangent into the validity of the Wing T, let me ask a few questions: How many college teams run a variation of the Wing T? How many NFL teams run a Wing T variation on occasion? Spoiler alert, more then you think.

 

It's kind of like the argument I get into on occasion about the best all-around-cartride. I always go with the 30-06 and people say, "that's an outdated round", "it's been replaced", blah, blah, blah. The 30-06 is more versatile going from 55 grain to 220 grain. And the people that argue with me always say the .308 is the best, where do you think the .308 came from? That's right, it's a shortened 30-06 with the same .30 bullet. New is not always better, it's just copied from something old.

 

I'm glad you said this(a version). What those teams do is use a version of the Wing T offense and create a balance between running and passing the ball. The version that most of those teams run no way resemble the lack of diversity that most high school teams run in the State of Kentucky. You are correct; it is used more often than we realize but again it's not the same version.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.