October 28, 20169 yr 1975 WS with Reds beating the Sox was the best WS I have ever seen. That series had EVERYTHING...one run games (5 or 6 - not sure), controversy (bunt - interference - no call play), went 7 games, great players on both teams (Bench, Rose, Morgan, Griffey, Foster, Perez, Fisk, Yaz, Rice, Lynn, Evans...plus a HOF manager in Sparky Anderson), arguably the best game of all time - game 6 with Fisk's walk-off 12th inning homer... To cap it off the Reds were down 3-0 in 5th inning of game 7 when Perez hit the 2 run bomb off Bill Lee's eephus pitch. Then won it in the 9th on Joe Morgan's bloop hit.
October 28, 20169 yr I believe today is also the anniversary of the memorable Game 6 of that series. Yes it is.
October 28, 20169 yr It was a good one Jim. Reds pitching couldn't get Tenace out. And Joe Rudi killed them on some fine outfield snags. A few years later the Redlegs would trade Revering for Vida Blue but the trade was nixed by commisioner Bowie Kuhn for "not being in best interest of baseball." I loved Vida Blue when I was a kid. Would've been fantastic to have seen him help the Reds continue their run rather than him rotting on a sorry team in SF.
October 28, 20169 yr The Reds-Red Sox in '75 was a great one too. I can still see Tony Perez waiting on that big high looping pitch from Luis Tiant to hit a homer in game 7. I think his smack tied the game and Joe Morgan's RBI hit in the late innings gave Cincinnati the lead for good and the championship. Game 6 was crazy as well. That's the one that former Red Bernie Carbo hit a 3 run homer to tie the game and Carlton Fisk won it with his foul line homer. "Spaceman" Bill Lee.
November 1, 20169 yr Kent Herbek physically lifting Ron Gants (may be some one else) leg off first for the pick off.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.