Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Southwestern 20 GRC 13

Featured Replies

I knew this would be a good ball game. Congrats to Southwestern.

Also a huge thanks to Cammando for callilng me and giving me updats on the game.:thumb:

SW will make some noise in 3A this year! How did Ryan Smart play? How about the two stud backs from GRC?

  • Author

Cammondo will have to fill you in on the details. Say he is still out celebrating..:D

SW will make some noise in 3A this year! How did Ryan Smart play? How about the two stud backs from GRC?[/QUOT I dont know a bout the (studs) but Greene ripped a 28 yard TD ON you, and his team mate Clark broke off 100 + yards on you.
SW will make some noise in 3A this year! How did Ryan Smart play? How about the two stud backs from GRC?[/QUOT I dont know a bout the (studs) but Greene ripped a 28 yard TD ON you, and his team mate Clark broke off 100 + yards on you.

 

Yes and John Cole had about 15 catches for 204 yards and 4 scores on them last week and they won. I don't think a team that can pretty much only run the ball and is a 4A team vs. a 3A team should be too proud of a 28 yrd TD run and a 100 yd. rusher when you lost the game. And I'm not even a SW fan--of course if you're into moral victories--you're in the wrong sport.

 

Yes and John Cole had about 15 catches for 204 yards and 4 scores on them last week and they won. I don't think a team that can pretty much only run the ball and is a 4A team vs. a 3A team should be too proud of a 28 yrd TD run and a 100 yd. rusher when you lost the game. And I'm not even a SW fan--of course if you're into moral victories--you're in the wrong sport.

I'm proud of GRC, effort, and when it comes to playing todays, game of high school football, 4A vs 3A means nothing, the best team wins the game even you should know that.

SW will make some noise in 3A this year! How did Ryan Smart play? How about the two stud backs from GRC?[/QUOT I dont know a bout the (studs) but Greene ripped a 28 yard TD ON you, and his team mate Clark broke off 100 + yards on you.

Nobody broke anything on me! I'm not from either school! Nice try though:sssh: I was asking a serious question. There was a lot of hype about Clark Co's two backs (I think Rogers was one of them) and I was simply asking how they did because I heard they were tough in the preseason. I wasn't taking a jab but I appreciate the laugh!

Nobody broke anything on me! I'm not from either school! Nice try though:sssh: I was asking a serious question. There was a lot of hype about Clark Co's two backs (I think Rogers was one of them) and I was simply asking how they did because I heard they were tough in the preseason. I wasn't taking a jab but I appreciate the laugh!

Stick1, my fault.

One of the main problems with GRC is they don't use all of their playmakers at once. Why is #8 Rogers, #10 Clarke, #15 Conners, #33 Jones, and #42 Greene not on offense at the same time? #15 didn't even play until right before halftime, and he seemed to spark GRC's offense.

 

Tack in some lousy play choices (ex. 4th & 6 on GRC's 30 yard line with 5 minutes left and down by 7). GRC should've punted and played for field position, but as usual GRC went for it and failed. I played defense in college. When coaches make bad/nervous playcalls, it affects the players too.

 

GRC was simply out-coached and out-prepared. GRC played hard, and they were bigger and faster than SWrn, so why did they lose? Any team with slightly less talent, but fundamentaly sound and well coached will beat GRC almost every time. The only other team that on paper should beat GRC is Madison Central. So at worst, GRC should end up 7-3... but we'll see as the season unfolds. May God B with GRC!

GRC's Jones was giving us fits out of the RB position early in the game.. Then they switched him to wide-out and slot positions and he wasn't a threat the rest of the game.. I'm glad they, did but could not understand the move by the coaches.. Could have been an injury situation..

#33 Jones wasn't hurt. That's just how GRC's coaches are. If choice "A" is the best and most logical choice then they will go with choice "B". Been that way every since Paul Columbia took over. And let me not even say GRC coach's... it's more like the PC/Stultz show. They have their favorites, and they will take a loss if it means they play instead of the more productive players. There's a lot of shananagens going on at GRC.

 

Everyone loves PC as a person, but not as a head coach. That's why so many parents are fed up. You'd think with GRC being one of the biggest schools in KY they would be about winning, but with PC running the show it'll never happen because he refuses to change and adapt as a coach. It's his job to get those kids prepared and motivated.

One of the main problems with GRC is they don't use all of their playmakers at once. Why is #8 Rogers, #10 Clarke, #15 Conners, #33 Jones, and #42 Greene not on offense at the same time? #15 didn't even play until right before halftime, and he seemed to spark GRC's offense.

 

Tack in some lousy play choices (ex. 4th & 6 on GRC's 30 yard line with 5 minutes left and down by 7). GRC should've punted and played for field position, but as usual GRC went for it and failed. I played defense in college. When coaches make bad/nervous playcalls, it affects the players too.

 

GRC was simply out-coached and out-prepared. GRC played hard, and they were bigger and faster than SWrn, so why did they lose? Any team with slightly less talent, but fundamentaly sound and well coached will beat GRC almost every time. The only other team that on paper should beat GRC is Madison Central. So at worst, GRC should end up 7-3... but we'll see as the season unfolds. May God B with GRC!

TPv, (10-2) baby! ClarkCo, will win the dist, and step into the regggggggggggg reinforced.:fire: And as far Madison Central, make sure you are standing by me at the game when the cards, get that win.

:fight: You know I'm for GRC, 32. I've known most of those players since they were in middle school. Here's what I can easily see happening. GRC is down by 3 and has the ball on the 7 yard line. It's 4th and goal. GRC misses the tieing field goal, but a referee induced offsides penalty on Madison Central will make it 4th & goal on the 2 yard line. Of course PC will go for the touchdown to win, which of course we won't get because he'll run an iso up the middle with #8 Rogers, who weighs 175 lbs. soaking wet, instead of running #42 Greene, who weighs around 220. :irked:

TPvision I totaly agree with you. I havebeeen a GRC fan for several years and I'm not at all impressed with Columbia's coaching. He's had a great deal of talent the last three to four years and has not accomplished anything. He hasn't won the district and he can't win a single playoff game.

:fight: You know I'm for GRC, 32. I've known most of those players since they were in middle school. Here's what I can easily see happening. GRC is down by 3 and has the ball on the 7 yard line. It's 4th and goal. GRC misses the tieing field goal, but a referee induced offsides penalty on Madison Central will make it 4th & goal on the 2 yard line. Of course PC will go for the touchdown to win, which of course we won't get because he'll run an iso up the middle with #8 Rogers, who weighs 175 lbs. soaking wet, instead of running #42 Greene, who weighs around 220. :irked:

I would go with # 33 Jones, or # 42 Greene, and my man McCaffery # 32 were are talking 600 + power play with a 4.5 speed brust. Then again I like to give credit, were credits do, #8 Rogers, credibility stands good in the red zone. But, when it comes to yards after contact, I would go with Greene, or Jones, and McCaffery. And if you come out with Roger, at Z Greene at A, put Conners at X, Oyeah Jones at B,:fight: we can go power on any team.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.