Conner / Cooper Predictions

KY Outsider

Who wins this district showdown?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this district showdown?

This game is always a great game and the best rivalry in NKY over the past 4 or 5 years. I predict a tight one and one where we will see what the best players can do in a pressure situation. This game features the best QB in NKY in Lonaker and possibly the best in the state along with the best WR hands down in the state in Hendrix. I think the key to this game will be which defense shows up for Cooper. If it's the defense that shut down Boone's run game last week or the defense that couldn't get out of its own way in the HHS game will be the difference.

Conner has the better defense and will make some stops. Just a matter of Coopers defense can make some stops especially in the 2nd half will be the difference.

What kind of shape is the field in?

Haven't seen it today yet but I'm sure it's going to be sloppy by the 2nd qtr with the amount of rain we got the last couple days. It doesn't favor Cooper at all when it's sloppy because they try and use their speed and it's already shown in the SK game that a sloppy field negates all speed. I don't know how it will affect Conner.

Cooper doesn't have the greatest run defense.

The understatement of the year lol

I agree and why I am hoping the adjustments they made to stop Boone Co running game will show up tonight also. Boone has a very good running game so that was a good warm up leading into tonight's game.