Best defense in NKY

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cov Cath had Shelton and Ziegelmeyer on D, and both have college scholarships. Didn't seem to trouble Ryle's offensive line too badly then. What makes CAL's one college-caliber D lineman such a different story for Ryle's O-line?

Will find out how good Ryle is on Friday.

CAL has beat several bigger schools.

Eastern 34 to 11

Central 44 to 14

Oldham County 43 to 7

North Oldham 39 to 13

Meade County 38 to 7

By the way...of these bigger schools, check out the records for the last season and a half. They combine for a 29-43 record since the beginning of the 2015 season. Those schools aren't exactly what I would call a meat grinder for CAL to have to go through.

6A Eastern (6-5)

3A Central (10-3)

4A North Oldham (3-7)

6A Meade County (3-9)

6A Eastern (3-3)

3A Central (2-4)

4A North Oldham (0-7)

6A Meade County (2-5)

Personal observation vs the other teams I've seen. Obviously things could change over the course of the entire season but I can't rate teams I have not seen.

Who do you consider the best, and why?

He doesn't have an answer. Other than he thinks your offering stinks. :idunno:

Yes. Yes we will.

Still, I was hoping you might actually have some rationale behind your assertions. It's sounding more like some brand of "I hate Ryle" tourette's to me instead.

Nope I don't hate Ryle they have a good program. But they have played a weak schedule.

How big are the 2 Cov Cath kids with scholarships? Haven't seen them play and know zero about them. Looked up tackling stats and they didn't look very productive. Maybe Cov Cath is not reporting total tackles correctly?

Cov Cath had Shelton and Ziegelmeyer on D, and both have college scholarships. Didn't seem to trouble Ryle's offensive line too badly then. What makes CAL's one college-caliber D lineman such a different story for Ryle's O-line?

How big are the 2 Cov Cath kids with scholarships? Haven't seen them play and know zero about them. Looked up tackling stats and they didn't look very productive. Maybe Cov Cath is not reporting total tackles correctly?

Ziegelmeyer is plays both ways, but his scholarships are for O-line. Ziggy is 6'6", 265lbs.

Total brainfart on my part when I said Shelton...he graduated last year. I meant Galvin. Josh is DE, 6'2", 230lbs.

And just for clarification, I was not making any claims for Cov Cath's defense to be the best in NKY.

Paulson 6'5 250 pounds is a 3 star with over 10 D1 offers. The kid is a stud.

Ziegelmeyer is plays both ways, but his scholarships are for O-line. Ziggy is 6'6", 265lbs.

Total brainfart on my part when I said Shelton...he graduated last year. I meant Galvin. Josh is DE, 6'2", 230lbs.

And just for clarification, I was not making any claims for Cov Cath's defense to be the best in NKY.

Shelton is still there. Plays LB.

Okay, I'm not crazy. (It's been a long long day already, and I only just now sat down in my office for the first time.) Thanks for straightening me out, Clyde.

The best football player IMO is Jr DE/TE Kam Butler. I'm guessing he's in the 6'2 230 range.

Paulson 6'5 250 pounds is a 3 star with over 10 D1 offers. The kid is a stud.

Yep. I agree. And as such, any decent team like Ryle will have their offense designed to keep him at bay, and will have two linemen assigned to block him on 75% of the time. I've watched a lot of football over the years, and I've seen quite a few D1 defensive linemen play. I'm yet to truly see any one of them be in a decent team's offensive backfield "every play", and more often than not the noise that those players make is frequently in their ability to break up plays on account of keeping other defensive men un-blocked. Paulson is averaging 3 solo tackles and 3 assisted tackles per game thus far this year. Surely he would have more tackles than that if he was in a team's offensive backfield "every play", right?