Anyone ever been in a police training simulator?

BigVMan23

I guess that's what you would call it. You are in front of an interactive video screen with a replica police side arm with some sort of interactive laser on it. The trainer can bring up any one of several scenarios that you have to react to, and your reactions or lack of reaction plays out on the screen. I have done it. Believe me, you do NOT want to find yourself in ANY of the situations they bring up, cause it can very easily turn into a no win, life or death situation very quickly. It think everyone should be afforded the opportunity to experience one (simulator). It might change some minds.

Edited by BigVMan23

I assume it would re-enforce what I already suspect. The vast majority of people in this country aren't cut out to be LEO's, myself included.

I think it would show you that NO ONE can be expected to make the right decision every time in every situation. Luckily most officers will never find themselves in those scenarios, or at least where it escalates to the point that a life/death choice has to be made...but some officer(s), somewhere, sometime today WILL find themselves in one. And it could be any officer, anywhere, at any time. At best it's a very unenviable situation and job.