Bowling Green 42 South Warren 0 (JV)

Purple Nation

It has become the norm for folks to cancel JV/FR games and claim lack of numbers if they know they are working without a normal crew of players. Kudos to South Warren for putting a team on the field, knowing they were going to be very short-handed. Anyone that puts a lot of stock in FR or JV scores needs to realize that no program attacks these games in a similar manner. You never know what is being held out.

It has become the norm for folks to cancel JV/FR games and claim lack of numbers if they know they are working without a normal crew of players. Kudos to South Warren for putting a team on the field, knowing they were going to be very short-handed. Anyone that puts a lot of stock in FR or JV scores needs to realize that no program attacks these games in a similar manner. You never know what is being held out.

People say that all of the time but this is a rivalry game and true rivalries extend to the elementary age level games on the weekends. Had South Warren won this game 42-0 this thread would have way more action than what it has now.

I'll also add that South Warren has some awful convenient excuses for the time being.

Lost to BG in JV. "Key players have to play Friday because of injury so we didn't have our regular JV team."

Lose to Franklin-Simpson on Friday. "Well we had to play our JV team because we have so many injuries."

Lost to Greenwood. "We lost too many key players to injury."

Just sayin'.......

People say that all of the time but this is a rivalry game and true rivalries extend to the elementary age level games on the weekends. Had South Warren won this game 42-0 this thread would have way more action than what it has now.

I'll also add that South Warren has some awful convenient excuses for the time being.

Lost to BG in JV. "Key players have to play Friday because of injury so we didn't have our regular JV team."

Lose to Franklin-Simpson on Friday. "Well we had to play our JV team because we have so many injuries."

Just sayin'.......

I wouldn't say that they are excuses, but more of unfortunate circumstances. Losing key players in the middle of a game can really effect a team. If BG were to lose Payne, Carrothers, and Wilson we would be saying the same thing. You would see that it would be hard for the BG offense to move the ball because of the inexperience of playing with the varsity guys and not being totally familiar with the playbook.

Also, you would see it effect JV and freshman, because a team with not much depth like South and BG alike would have to pull starters from both levels and move them up. Doing this in the middle of the season makes it very hard. You must remember, the KHSAA now has the quarter rule (I believe it's 8) that players aren't allowed to play past.

Injuries are a part of the game. Unfortunately, South has been effected a lot more than a lot of the teams around here.

Just sayin'.......

didn't see you post score last year was that a convenience or oversite .just wondering !you didn't see SW ever saying we didn't play Jacob Lacey who will be twice the player as Vito or does he have SEC offers as a freshman .And the fact is Varsity has alot of key injuries and that isn't an excuse come Friday.

Just sayin'.......

didn't see you post score last year was that a convenience or oversite .just wondering !you didn't see SW ever saying we didn't play Jacob Lacey who will be twice the player as Vito or does he have SEC offers as a freshman .And the fact is Varsity has alot of key injuries and that isn't an excuse come Friday.also didn't see anyone from SW using injuries as an excuse against Greenwood that is just you making that up .

I wouldn't say that they are excuses, but more of unfortunate circumstances. Losing key players in the middle of a game can really effect a team. If BG were to lose Payne, Carrothers, and Wilson we would be saying the same thing. You would see that it would be hard for the BG offense to move the ball because of the inexperience of playing with the varsity guys and not being totally familiar with the playbook.

Also, you would see it effect JV and freshman, because a team with not much depth like South and BG alike would have to pull starters from both levels and move them up. Doing this in the middle of the season makes it very hard. You must remember, the KHSAA now has the quarter rule (I believe it's 8) that players aren't allowed to play past.

Injuries are a part of the game. Unfortunately, South has been effected a lot more than a lot of the teams around here.

I'd feel sorry for them if the SW JV hadn't lost a game early before the injuries by 2-3 td's to a team that BG JV beat by 3 td's. Id feel sorry for spin if his name wasn't spin stops but every post he makes is some kind of spin. I'm not an English teacher but that bothers me for some reason. Like Bear3 said, nobody knows the real story of how any frosh or jv squad approaches a game. People don't don't know how BG approaches it and who they play either.

didn't see you post score last year was that a convenience or oversite .just wondering !you didn't see SW ever saying we didn't play Jacob Lacey who will be twice the player as Vito or does he have SEC offers as a freshman .And the fact is Varsity has alot of key injuries and that isn't an excuse come Friday.

Hard to say that when both are still young in their careers. Regardless, both will do just fine. Just an extra piece of info, Lacey got most of his offers at camps that Vito has yet to attend because he's a freshman. They both have plenty of time to continue to make their marks on both programs.

I'd feel sorry for them if the SW JV hadn't lost a game early before the injuries by 2-3 td's to a team that BG JV beat by 3 td's. Id feel sorry for spin if his name wasn't spin stops but every post he makes is some kind of spin. I'm not an English teacher but that bothers me for some reason. Like Bear3 said, nobody knows the real story of how any frosh or jv squad approaches a game. People don't don't know how BG approaches it and who they play either.

Exactly as you said, no one knows the real story behind every JV and FROSH team. It's hard to determine who's really that good because the same team they both played could've been playing with different players that day. Honestly, these scores don't mean anything.. Only the Friday night scores do.