Newport Central Catholic/Conner Predictions

UK#1fanisback

Who do you think wins and why?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think wins and why?

Conner could put in an argument as being the 2nd best team in NKY could they not? Only loss to SK. Big wins in every other game.

That should be enough to beat NCC although this one a pretty good game last year.

NCC needs to clean up the pass defense and the dropped passes to stay in this one. Otherwise it could get out of hand.

Conner could put in an argument as being the 2nd best team in NKY could they not? Only loss to SK. Big wins in every other game.

That should be enough to beat NCC although this one a pretty good game last year.

NCC needs to clean up the pass defense and the dropped passes to stay in this one. Otherwise it could get out of hand.

Wouldn't go quite that far yet. They have a good team but yet to play Cooper and Ryle who I feel are better.

I would say they are the 3rd best team right now. They have a physical defense and an ample offense.

They are a phyiscal team like SK. I think they win by 4 tds and beat Cooper and Ryle.

If you are judging Conner by how close they played SK then I think you may be putting your eggs in the wrong basket. They were close to SK because the Pioneers did not play their best game and made some mistakes. I would hardly say a team is good when they still got beat by SK on an off night.

I still don't think we know a ton about Conner, as their schedule has not allowed them to produce many results. I think they are a good team, but playing a BAD Scott team this year they beat them how they should have. I watched Scott and NCC play and I am assuming Perrin didn't play against Conner and Scott doesn't have much else. Dixie is not a bad team but they are 1 dimensional and it sounds like Conner did a nice job containing him. I think the verdict is still out on Conner but it does look like they are solid. They played pretty well against SK but that was not the same SK team that I have seen in other games. The question is how much of that was because of what Conner did? I don't know the answer to that question. I would expect them to win this game by at least 21 if they want to be taken seriously.

I have now watched the SK/Conner game and disagree that SK was off that night. Conner had a nice game plan and IMO, outplayed SK. They got away from what worked for them in the second half and SK, being a good team, made them pay. I think that Conner and SK are very close. Of course they lost, but I don't take from their effort by saying SK had an off night. Heck of a game. Conner will make some noise before the end of the year.