Christian County 19 Hopkinsville 16

swamprat

Officials miss two big call late against Hopkinsville that really hurt them. A hold on a long gain by county right in front of the referee and a pass interference where the county defender tackled the receiver in front of the back judge. This really hurt them, a good game as both teams will not lose till the playoffs.

Hoptown had 5 field goal attempts, 2 turnovers, and 3 turn over on downs, and 1 td.

On one of the stranger plays, Johnson threw a beautiful 29 yard TD pass to Hennigan, then the referee threw the flag after the play was finished and called illegal formation. Caused quite the ruckus from Tiger coaches. They ended up settling for a FG on that drive.

Hoptown also made some poor metal errors, but so did County. Biggest one is a Tiger player made an interception with 1:35 left in the game on a 4th down play and no County player was near them. Cost the Tigers 20 yards. They got the ball on the 7 instead of the 27. Hard to drive 93 yards in 90 seconds. On another play Hennigan ran a slant and dropped a ball that hit him in the numbers. Had beat everyone on the play and probably would have gone for a TD. That drive ended in an INT. Johnson made some poor decisions throughout as well, throwing into triple coverage, holding the ball too long, etc.

Biggest thing to me was coach Clark's play calling. Looks like he played to keep a lead instead of going for the win. But I am not a coach, so, just an opinion.

County returned a kickoff for a TD, and had two good drives. Other than that, Hoptown's defense was spectacular. County's run game was what carried them, their pass game was totally shut down. Taylor is a very good player. He is fast, agile, and has good vision for the hole. Lange was good, but not did not play to expectations at all. He made some big running plays when he had to. He is a big kid and has some nice agility for his size, tho he isn't blazing fast. County's defense had a ton of holes. They were lucky Johnson missed a lot of reads or this game could have been a blowout in the first half.

The scoring play that was called back in the first half for an illegal formation was terrible also. The receiver asked the ref if he was on the line and he gave him the OK sign and after the play he threw a flag. They had 7 men on the line. They could not explain this one. This hurt real bad. It was a great played game and some hard hits by both teams.

Ok...Officiating was about the same for both sides. Definitely was some holding calls missed, but if I recall correctly there weren't ANY holding calls made. The pass interference call, I agree again, but the exact same call was missed on County for a third down conversion on the previous drive. What I took from this game was that both teams have problems with their offensive lines. Hoptown's QB is electric and covers up some of their deficiencies. But you can't blame The coach for running the ball because he was starting to take some shots and a couple of those scramble passes should've been picked off but were dropped by the county defenders. Over all County wore Hoptown down in the second half. I think county only had one player going both ways consistently. If Hoptown had problems containing an non mobile Langhi then it could spell trouble for them in the playoffs. Fix that and your o-line then 4A better watch out. It's the same sad song for County that BG exposed...can your offense produce points and keep your defense off the field? Can your defense cut down on the big plays and be disciplined?

KeyRon Catlett is the most explosive player in the state. College teams need to take notice such as Kentucky and Louisville. He has Committed to Western Kentucky but, but he is ready for another level.

You are implying that UK is at another level from WKU. The Cats have lost their last 3 to Conference USA opponents, including 2 in a row to the Tops.

Hoptown would win this game 9 out of 10 times . Bad officiating is what it is as it is bad all over the state. It is bad when it costs you a game but both of these teams will have great seasons as one had to lose. I predict that both will end up 9-1 and make it to at least the 3rd round of the playoffs and the refs will not be back in Hoptown the rest of the season?