Holmes 3 Dixie Heights 0

AGullett08

Dixie, Boone and Conner are all really struggling this year it looks like. It wasn't all that long ago that Dixie and Boone were both solid programs. Boone won the region a few years ago. Conner was always pretty good too. My guess is in the case of Boone/Conner it is demographics. Club players are moving to the newer areas and they are served by Ryle/Cooper. Dixie probably a bit of the same thing but I'm not sure.

One word......"language barrier"

You're like the Donald Trump of BGP...

Language barrier is not a problem for Holmes. You can add Scott and HC to that list of teams that are down. No language barrier there.

OTB was referring to an article written on the Boone Co team this year highlighting the diversity on the team and the number or nations represented on it. Many of them are English as second language kids and the article said that a senior originally from Africa helps out with the language barrier.

Here's a link to the thread discussing it: http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-soccer/boone-county-soccer-331908.html

BTW, Boone made it to the state semifinals in 2012.

Maybe Holmes is just good this year. Which I haven't seen a Holmes team more well equipped then this one.

You posted this 2 minutes before posting they tied Villa. I'm thrilled Holmes is improving, great for NKY soccer, but I stand by this result vs Dixie is shocking. My question isn't about Holmes, I'm simply surprised Dixie isn't better this year. Just asking a question, absolutely no shot at Holmes intended.

You posted this 2 minutes before posting they tied Villa. I'm thrilled Holmes is improving, great for NKY soccer, but I stand by this result vs Dixie is shocking. My question isn't about Holmes, I'm simply surprised Dixie isn't better this year. Just asking a question, absolutely no shot at Holmes intended.

I see what you're saying.. I don't think this score surprises me as much since Holmes beat Dixie last season 3-1 as well. I apologize for taking it as a shot directed towards Holmes!