Will CovCath rout Beechwood or is this a trap game for the Colonels?

theguru

Beechwood always gets up for the Blue Colonels. Throw records out, throw statistics out, these teams play hard in this game. Beechwood is definitely getting better each week and this should be a great game. I like the Colonels in this one by 14

I have been very pleasantly surprised at how much BW has improved from Game 1 to Game 3. QB Burch is smart, athletic, and throws a very nice ball. BW has a nucleus of 7/8 small (emphasis on small) skill players that all get separation and have good hands. Offensive line is young and does an above average job on pass protection. The O-line is not strong enough to create push, leaving the running game totally dependent on deception. I see this their achilles heel against a bigger 5A school like CovCath.

Defensively, BW is quick, well coached and will not make many mistakes. Same offensive skill players are consistently able to prevent the big play. Solid linebacker play with undersized lineman quick enough to create problems for normal O-Lines. Afraid CovCath will be large and athletic enough to be able to smash mouth BW defense.

Special teams are pretty impressive for BW. Interesting to see 10 running backs/wide receivers (140-160 lbs) covering kickoffs.

All this being said, CovCath is too big for an historically small, but again exceptionally well-coached BW Tiger team, and should win by 10. Should BW win this game, they could be on their way to BG.