Simon Kenton 31 Seneca 17

neither looked good at all. Seneca had about 4 TD's called back by penalties. I'm not going to harp on it, but SK definitely got a boost from the zebras tonight. Seneca is a very athletic team whose QB throws a nice ball, but they have zero depth. Ultimately that killed them, players for Seneca went down right and left with cramps. Also big #98 was carted off by the ambulance for Seneca, I hope all is well with him. Simon Kenton has a nice team, but if they are the class of NKY 4A football, it is going to be a very long year.

Congrats, SK, on another win and for having a 2-0 start. :ylsuper: Keep up the hard work.

I hope Neerfan made it to this game, looking forward to a recap of the game and thoughts about week 2 compared to week 1. One area of concern was the kicking game...how was the kicking game tonight?

I thought SK looked very good tonight. The qb Elbers was the official player of the game, but the one-two punch of Bishop and Haught carried the team. Both of them moved the chains very effectively when needed. Hats off to the SK coaching staff in Independence to what looks like another winning season.

Congrats, SK, on another win and for having a 2-0 start. :ylsuper: Keep up the hard work.

I hope Neerfan made it to this game, looking forward to a recap of the game and thoughts about week 2 compared to week 1. One area of concern was the kicking game...how was the kicking game tonight?

I thought the kicking game was off tonight, but someone from the crowd told me the regular kicker was at a soccer game today.

This years Seneca team is one of the worst 4A teams, I have ever seen. The only two I can remeber that were worse that I have seen, are Nelson Co., of last year and Lou. Southern of 2002. However I never saw Atherton when they were in 4A or Scott when they had some very lean years.

I thought SK looked very good tonight. The qb Elbers was the official player of the game, but the one-two punch of Bishop and Haught carried the team. Both of them moved the chains very effectively when needed. Hats off to the SK coaching staff in Independence to what looks like another winning season.

Did the WR Gibson (I think that is his last name) get into the game tonight? If so, how did he, Ponzer, and Kleeman split playing time?

I respect the opinion of the Champ but Seneca didn't have 4 Td's called back. Seneca wasn't a world beater but they had the two best athletes on the field in 2 and 21. I don't know what grade 21 is in but he had some of the surest hands I've seen, SK couldn't contain him one bit. SK needs to sure up their kicking game but they didn't have their 1st stringer tonight due to soccer commitments. They were the better team tonight but they won't be able to play on a 55 yard field game in, game out and come away unscathed. They wore down the Hawks with their running game, very impressed with Haught, seems like he moves the chains on every touch. Gibson played a few snaps on offense, actually made a catch on 4th and 17 on a jump ball in the EZ but the refs called him OOB's. After Seneca scored their final TD of the night coach M put him back to receive the KOff and he made a nice snag and proceeded to run for a 40 yard gain, looks like he'll be a nice addition. The areas that need the most improvement IMO are the kicking game and their pass defense but it's still early, I think they are improved from last year, and that's a good sign.

Good summary Neerfan, Gibson's play in the endzone was clearly in bounds, and if he was even an inch out of bounds it was interference, either way he will be a huge huge boost to this team. They are going to ween him in instead of just giving him the starting job. He also got some snaps in at CB replacing DJ Akerson. Seeing him go both ways wouldn't suprise me one bit. The recieving core as whole had a good game. I remember a Flee flicker to Kleeman where he had a very good catch and Ponzer had a nice TD catch. While i like the W put up by the pioneers the game gave me an uneasy feeling. They weren't playing to thier potential, but they will be alright in the long run. Look out for the pioneers.

I can't believe Nick's boy is a frosh, I about lost it when I found out he was a K and to find out he wears my number, that's even better, been friends with Nick for a few decades, great guy didn't see him tonight heard he had a bad stomach, maybe he was nervous about his son, but he nailed the XP. I know you are excited about Gibson, and he passes the looks test, he looks like a force and from what I saw he will fit in nicely. Won't be able to see any games the rest of the year so I need some good updates.

I see lots of Seneca bashing on some of the posts. I don't know where this is coming from. They have decent size, tons of speed, and some good numbers in their ranks. The game could be very easily have been a victory by Seneca. If I have one knock on Seneca, it seems they weren't that well conditioned and wore down as the game went on.

Both teams played a very good game. Anybody who made the trip got to see a very exciting game. It was a very enjoyable evening.

How many TD's were called back then? There definitely were multiple TD's called back. I'm not saying that the officiating didn't go both ways, or that Simon kenton didn't deserve to win, but Seneca was not very good, and just being atheltic isn't going to get it done. I watched the Byrnes(sc) vs. Belle Glades Central game on Tv yesterday and the athleticism between the two teams wasn't close BGC was way more athletic, but the more disciplined team one. I sat on the Seneca side and there were random people coming down from the stands and going onto the sideline messing with the players, one Seneca had on headphones and listened to music, and hardly anyone paid attention to the game. I'm not trying to take anything away from SK, all I'm saying is SK shouldn't be judged either good or bad, based on this performance, because Seneca, wasn't a very good team.

This years Seneca team is one of the worst 4A teams, I have ever seen. The only two I can remeber that were worse that I have seen, are Nelson Co., of last year and Lou. Southern of 2002. However I never saw Atherton when they were in 4A or Scott when they had some very lean years.

Nothing like making Seneca feel good about themselves. Worst ever after 2 games?