Notre Dame 4 Simon Kenton 0

Oldbird

Score surprises me, heard so much about how good Simon Kenton is, player of the year, etc, etc. Based on results up to this point in the season, it is looking more and more like a two horse race for the 9th region, NDA and HHS.

NDA @ HHS September 27 at 8PM could be a classic. Unfortunately HHS boys travel to MOCO and CCH plays at 7 Hills the same night, obviously killing the crowd absolutely horrible scheduling on someone's part.

All HS players deserve a huge crowd of supporters at their games, its real shame bad scheduling will prevent this from happening for this much anticipated game.

Score surprises me, heard so much about how good Simon Kenton is, player of the year, etc, etc. Based on results up to this point in the season, it is looking more and more like a two horse race for the 9th region, NDA and HHS.

NDA @ HHS September 27 at 8PM could be a classic. Unfortunately HHS boys travel to MOCO and CCH plays at 7 Hills the same night, obviously killing the crowd absolutely horrible scheduling on someone's part.

All HS players deserve a huge crowd of supporters at their games, its real shame bad scheduling will prevent this from happening for this much anticipated game.

Just so just to be clear, there is no conflict of interest if a Cov. Cath. staff member centers a regional girls semi final involving NDA; however, we should attempt to schedule games so the Cov. Cath. students and fans can attend a NDA game?

Got it. :banana:

Just so just to be clear, there is no conflict of interest if a Cov. Cath. staff member centers a regional girls semi final involving NDA; however, we should attempt to schedule games so the Cov. Cath. students and fans can attend a NDA game?

Got it. :banana:

I may have misunderstood your point, but to clarify. I'm in NO way blaming CCH for this schedule, I put it on HHS. And I'm only saying this out of respect for ALL HS players. IMO they work their tails off and deserve as many supporters, students, parents, grandparents, friends, etc, at the games. Players LOVE a huge crowd, for and against, the least the supporters can do is show up and cheer.

But its harder to do when the home team schedules a home match when the the other gender's soccer team is playing the same night on the road.

Maybe try this on for size ADs, schedule a girls and boys varsity double header match on a Saturday night, 6:30 and 8PM kickoffs, will bring in a HUGE crowd! Sure you may loose a little revenue since it will be a 2 for 1 but my guess is the gate not suffer much due to the huge crowd.

I may have misunderstood your point, but to clarify. I'm in NO way blaming CCH for this schedule, I put it on HHS. And I'm only saying this out of respect for ALL HS players. IMO they work their tails off and deserve as many supporters, students, parents, grandparents, friends, etc, at the games. Players LOVE a huge crowd, for and against, the least the supporters can do is show up and cheer.

But its harder to do when the home team schedules a home match when the the other gender's soccer team is playing the same night on the road.

Maybe try this on for size ADs, schedule a girls and boys varsity double header match on a Saturday night, 6:30 and 8PM kickoffs, will bring in a HUGE crowd! Sure you may loose a little revenue since it will be a 2 for 1 but my guess is the gate not suffer much due to the huge crowd.

I am not blaming Cov. Cath. either. There is no reason they should consider NDA when they put their schedule together. They are two totally different institutions, two different student bodies, two different communities. I don't think there are two high schools in NKY that could be much different than these two. :D

Isn't SK in Region 8?

The 27 th is a Tuesday night, that is traditionally a boy's night. The idea of a varsity doubleheader is a great idea, but extremely difficult to schedule. It usually requires one team to be willing to give up a home game, unless the schedule works out right. The only down side to a varsity doubleheader is the JV and freshman teams get smaller attendance, and if you have to many games where they are separate they then don't feel like they are a apart of the program.

Does Highlands have an AD? Just because it says it on paper does not mean that the person performs the work.

I am not blaming Cov. Cath. either. There is no reason they should consider NDA when they put their schedule together. They are two totally different institutions, two different student bodies, two different communities. I don't think there are two high schools in NKY that could be much different than these two. :D

Not sure I would agree with "two different communities". I have known tons of families with children in both schools, some at the same time, some not at the same time. There are many examples of these two schools combining on very worth while community service projects over the years. Both schools have supported each other (yes not on every single issue) in a number of ways for years. As an example, just this season both schools' soccer programs held a Homeless Awareness event.

IMO it would benefit CCH (to a point) to consider NDA when (and vice versa) putting together schedules. Not saying on every single game, put once a season scheduling a double header…a WIN WIN for both schools.