4A #4 Franklin-Simpson at 5A #4 Greenwood Predictions

LVGambla32

Franklin-Simpson/Greenwood Predictions  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Franklin-Simpson/Greenwood Predictions

I think Franklin-Simpson takes this one in a close affair. But Greenwood is a fantastic story. Their staff is doing a great job and that program has probably never been at a higher point. This is a gut feeling on the matchup. I think Franklin's defense does just enough, and their rushing attack wins the battle against the Gator defense. Probably one of the best games in the state this week.

FS had trouble last year when they only had to worry about stopping Adams. Now they have to worry about Willie Reynolds too. But FS defense is much improved this year. FS is still run-heavy but so far it is all they have needed. They have shown the ability to throw the ball better this year should they need to. Eventually, they are going to have to be more diverse on offense to beat the better teams. Should be a great game. I'll guess FS 28-24.

I'm a Coach Seabolt fan, he was an awesome coach at BG and you could tell his players loved him. I as well hope they are 8-0 when they meet BG. The QB, Adams is honestly one of the most underrated players in this part of the state IMO. The kid is able to make reads better than a lot of players I've seen.. Oh and he has wheels. You must be very disciplined assignment wise when you play this offense or else you will have your defense on the field all night long. Adams is a kid I feel could succeed at the next level (FCS or D2) if given the chance at a school the runs the option, very high on this kid.

FS has much more speed on the defensive side of the ball than last year. This team looks to be very focused on the defensive side of the ball too. They probably have the best 3 man line than anyone in 4a. Those guys are beast mode every night. FS offense is getting better too. Lots of speed in the backfield with an atheletic QB and skilled receivers. Greenwood is the real deal and plays very fast as well. This looks like a great match up in the making. FS 36 GW 30

I am really split on this game and think it is one of the best in the entire state this week.

When you look at coaching, offense and defense, I am calling those a tie. I think the team that gets the most out of their special teams (giving their team better field position, kickoff touchbacks, field goals, making X-points) will win this game. But I'm most with @charliek15 in wanting no injuries. Great football game here!